2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GT hatch, manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just drove 3.5 hours on Friday to pick up a low mileage 2018 GT hatch in a manual. On the way home, I hit a pothole and bent a wheel and bubbled the tire. So I haven't even gotten a chance to enjoy my new car, and now have an immediate expense after the giant cost of buying the car.

As I look for a replacement, I am finding conflicting part numbers. When searching each of them, I've come up with images and specs that look correct, but also info that makes me doubt the accuracy. These are the 3 part numbers that I've come across:
9965-33-7080
9965-60-7080
B45B-V3-810

Could somebody confirm which is accurate for the 2018 GT?

Additionally, what are your thoughts on reconditioned wheels? I'm concerned that aside from potential cosmetic differences, there could be a bad structural repair that could pose a risk. Is there a safe way to go the reconditioned route?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 GT hatch, manual
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the part number and pics. Very much appreciated. It's odd because I've seen both the lighter and darker 17/18 wheels showing up on places like eBay with that number or one of the others. Did Mazda keep the same part number for both finishes?

I'm currently weighing whether I want to try a repair, wait for somebody selling one or more takeoffs, or go for a reconditioned one. Reconditioned is definitely the least attractive to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts