2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This might the dumbest question here, but should my parking light inside the headlamp (amber) be turning on when press the brakes? I have a 14 I grand touring. Tried to search but nothing came out. Btw all the lights work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Not inside the cluster. Lol.. I meant on the actual headlamp. The little yellow light turns on when I press the brake.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The amber light that goes there. Lol.
Sounds like a common problem seen on Audis from the 80's & 90's with all of their electrical lighting issues.
Lol. Everything else works. All lights. Its just weird. I was parked facing a glass window. And I saw reflection. I'm like. WTH. Weird. Wonder if it's the cheap LED bulb I put in there? I'll change it this weekend.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Lol. Everything else works. All lights. Its just weird. I was parked facing a glass window. And I saw reflection. I'm like. WTH. Weird. Wonder if it's the cheap LED bulb I put in there? I'll change it this weekend.
There you go...probably the common denominator. Wouldn't be the first time something similar occurred like that. I have no idea about the lighting and wiring schematics of newer cars including Mazdas, but a burnt out bulb or incorrect bulb in an older car affected turn signals, flashers, other lights and the relays, similar to a burnt out Christmas tree lights. Hope that is the quick fix for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. That's what it was. It was some cheap LED bulbs my cousin had. Put back the regular ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts