2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I was putting in my funny DRL solution, I'm thinking about what bulbs are elsewhere in the car. The two inboard parking lights are tiny 5w bulbs, and I mean <i>tiny</i>.

The guide calls them a W5W or SAE 4CP. While I can find W5W, that seems to cover lots of wedge bases, and the sockets - unless I do some sawing or replace the headlamps - is a tiny opening. What the heck is a 4CP?

I was thinking of putting a single 3w, which is basically light a flashlight bulb, in there.
7440 LED Bulb - Single Intensity 1 x 3 Watt High Power LED w/ Reflector Lens | S series | Specialty & Automotive | Universal LED Bulb Finder | Super Bright LEDs

Does anyone know what they mean by 4CP?

What did anyone else put in that useless lamp?

-Crissa

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
The bulb your searching for is a 194 wedge bulb. You cant fit a 7440 bulb in there the ones mentioned are my old rear backup lights

Reactions: Crissa

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was getting conflicting reports, and I took it out and I thought it was much smaller. I really would like a 3W LED there, though. I wonder if I'll have to make something.

Has anyone else done something there? Too bad the Canadian wiring isn't just something I can order online, that'd just fix the problem flat; it's just a different socket, really.

-Crissa

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Thanks, I was getting conflicting reports, and I took it out and I thought it was much smaller. I really would like a 3W LED there, though. I wonder if I'll have to make something.

Has anyone else done something there? Too bad the Canadian wiring isn't just something I can order online, that'd just fix the problem flat; it's just a different socket, really.

-Crissa
There some really bright one's out there. I'll find you a link to some good one's.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'd appreciate the suggestions. I see there's alot of options now that I know exactly what I'm looking for. Having the right keyword is amazing sometimes, isn't it?

-Crissa

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I'm wondering why we don't have a sticky for all the questions about lamp sizes and whatnot that's not answered in the manual. Argh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts