2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife complained that her parking brake didn't hold the car. I checked it. Seems solid about 1/2 way to vertical, about 6 clicks. Think okay for the time being. Would be better if it only went up about 3 clicks, BUT.

Had anyone here adjusted the parking brake themselves? On models before Infotainment, it is simple. I found a Youtube video for it. You more or less open the console lid and then lift up on the center console part that has the cup holders, and you're there.

However, for our post 2014 cars with Infotainment, etc., it appears way more complicated. I downloaded the Service Manual (266 MB) and looked at it.

Anyone done it with a simplification? Seems to me the parking brake will have to get way more loose before I'll want to adjust it.

Ralph

·
*The Electrician*
1,000 Posts
2017 Handbrake is electronic FYI, its a button now. Adjustments on a 2017 would likely be annoyingly complicated and best left to a Mazda tech.

·
Registered
162 Posts
2017 Handbrake is electronic FYI, its a button now. Adjustments on a 2017 would likely be annoyingly complicated and best left to a Mazda tech.
MAZDA EPB maintenance :

A. Entering maintenance mode :

1. KOEO (Key On Engine Off)
2. Push EPB switch and full throttle and hold
3. Key off
4. KOEO , release EPB switch and throttle
(2~4 should finish in 5 sec.)
5. Check if the EPB light on IC is ON.
6. Key off

B. After maintenance :

7. KOEO
8. Pull EPB switch and full throttle and hold
9. Key off
10. KOEO, release EPB switch and throttle
(8~10 should finish in 5 sec.)
11. Check if the EPB light on IC is off
12. key off

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's before the Infotainment cutout was put in there. Wonder if it's still the same for the 2016s with Infotainment.

So, you don't have to mess with the console with the lid?

Wonder how's the best way to pry up where those clips and hooks are? Maybe a skinny metal tool of some sort?

Ralph

·
Registered
431 Posts
That's before the Infotainment cutout was put in there. Wonder if it's still the same for the 2016s with Infotainment.

So, you don't have to mess with the console with the lid?

Wonder how's the best way to pry up where those clips and hooks are? Maybe a skinny metal tool of some sort?

Ralph

Yeah I dont know what infotainment cutout you have, mine is a 2014 and only has the commander switch.

When I had mine pulled apart I just gave it a tug and it popped out easily.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts