2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was washing my car today and noticed this part sticking out near the driver seat door. Any idea as to how that happened? I never noticed it before and I haven't hit anything as far as I know. My car is only about 4 months old.

·
Registered
518 Posts
^ hahaha look under it and see did you or anybody scrap underneath it and caused it to go out of alignment with the rest of the car. And also what 90210 said?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems to be fine. No scrapes or anything.. And no I've never stepped on that part. Im 155lbs so im sure it wasnt from my overweightedness ;)

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
My MZ3 did the same thing. Neither of my MS3's have done it. I would think it has something to do with the chassis flexing and stressing the sheet metal body panels but I'm not really sure.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Underneath the car you should be able to see the bottommost mounting point for the fender to the frame. If there's a rock or anything jammed in there it could cause bowing out right at that spot. You should be able to bend it back in with a chisel (cover it with something non-marring), hammer and a heatgun.

My fenders do this as well, but it was on purpose since I needed to pull the entire fender outwards for wheel fitment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts