2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 2017 less than a week and already modding.

Painted the calipers with G2 gold, and used plastidip on the wheels while they were off. I've been on the hunt for aftermarket wheels but so far no luck. So this at least gives me an idea of what it would look like.

I'm looking for black PVD Wheels ( aka back ice, black pearl, black chrome). Unfortunately everyone who makes those Wheels has discontinued them.

Anyway, here it is...a bit too dark/black for my taste..

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After all that work, I just ordered a set off xxr 530s....guess I'll be selling my oem wheels soon.

It's the new 2017 design for 18" .... Wonder what I can get for them? ;)

·
teajhey
98 Posts
Had my 2017 less than a week and already modding.

Painted the calipers with G2 gold, and used plastidip on the wheels while they were off. I've been on the hunt for aftermarket wheels but so far no luck. So this at least gives me an idea of what it would look like.

I'm looking for black PVD Wheels ( aka back ice, black pearl, black chrome). Unfortunately everyone who makes those Wheels has discontinued them.

Anyway, here it is...a bit too dark/black for my taste..
how did you paint the calipers? did you take em off? if yes can u lemme know coz im intrested of painting my calipers too. thanks bro

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how did you paint the calipers? did you take em off? if yes can u lemme know coz im intrested of painting my calipers too. thanks bro
I used the G2 with the brush that came with it. Put the car up on 4 Jacks so I could do all at once.

For the front calipers, I just removed the one lower bolt and rotated the calipers up... for the rear ones they were too complex with the electronic emergency brake, so I just left them as is.

I masked off a few spots but generally speaking, with the brush you can get really close if you are steady.

The real trick is just to keep an eye on your time and realize that no one will ever see the calipers as close as you're seeing them when you paint ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chrome black xxr 530s are beautiful
Man I hope so..bought site unseen. They are being delivered tomorrow. Some pics I've seen have them as the color I want, while others make them look as if they are just gloss black which is the color I don't want. ...guess I'll find out in less than 24hrs.

·
teajhey
98 Posts
Man I hope so..bought site unseen. They are being delivered tomorrow. Some pics I've seen have them as the color I want, while others make them look as if they are just gloss black which is the color I don't want. ...guess I'll find out in less than 24hrs.
it doesnt really look like gloss black, it has a lighter color which is way bettter coz it shows more details of the rims, its like in the middle of black and gun metal or dark grey,it really looks nice coz its glossy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts