2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been wanting to paint my calipers and am trying to decide on color. Right now, I'm thinking either go black or go orange/yellow. Who here has painted calipers on a MS3? I'd love to see them so pics would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Depends if you want them to stand out. I'd assume if your going to paint them you want them noticable. I've seen lots of red ones and they look good. Also depends if you want them to go with the color of the car or not. Orange/Yellow would be bright and stand out.
I'm going to paint mine dark blue..

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I painted mine black. Pics in my build thread. G2 is a solid paint kit. When I faced the color decision I learned it really comes down to do you want flashy or sleeper style. Unless you have a bright colored car, a bright color is going to be flashy in nature. Once you figure that out then it's a little easier to settle on color. Hope this helps and good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My gen2 is blacked out right now and I'm starting to want to put a splash of color on it. Really, I was kind of inspired by this gen1 here with orange calipers. They look nice because they're not too bright and they look good behind the TSW's (which I have as well). I figured that the calipers would be a nice touch of color on an otherwise black ride.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
It's been good. It's a fun car. Handles really good. Corners much flatter than the 3 but the 3 is still the better driving car. I've been averaging 33mpg mixed driving and about 40 on the Highway

·
Registered
26 Posts
How does the G2 paint hold up over time ? I painted my wifes calipers before with the spray and within in a few months they were black from the brake dust. I definitely will never buy the spray again but I am a little nervous painting the calipers on my speed. I've considered buying covers but then again I feel a certain away about covers too. Any opinions or input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
in my experience, G2 paint will eventually come off. or it will get brake dust on them.

maybe it was my fault, maybe I painted them wrong, haha. but, within a year or so, paint started to chip off little by little.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
My gen2 is blacked out right now and I'm starting to want to put a splash of color on it. Really, I was kind of inspired by this gen1 here with orange calipers. They look nice because they're not too bright and they look good behind the TSW's (which I have as well). I figured that the calipers would be a nice touch of color on an otherwise black ride.

What lip is that you have on there...I like it!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have only had my speed for two days, so I dont have the best pictures yet!

I painted my calipers Red this morning... Added LEDs to the interior, mazda floor liners, painted the Lettering on the intercooler cover red (comes silver factory), black M emblem onto the rear hatch, and a couple other goodies :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
I've used Rustoleum spray on almost all my vehicles and it never flaked. My easy way of doing it using aluminum foil to cover the parts I don't want painted... the foil is easy to form and you don't need to take off calipers unless you want too.

·
Tayler Gardner
19 Posts
I was honestly contemplating making my calipers purple haha. :tongue: I have a Celestial Blue 2012 Mazda3 s 2.5L and currently have black dipped wheels, badges and rear bumper. Purple is my favorite color and thought the little touches of purple would be different with the blue and would be unique. Also wanted to do purple interior LEDs to add more to the purple thing but I can't find any that are like a violet/lavender purple. All UV black light purple (which would be fun but I haven't heard anything good about them being at all fun or bright) or magenta.

But I'm glad to see the paint options on here. I've been wondering what to use to paint my calipers if I do decide to go with it. Thanks! :thumbup 1:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.