2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has used the paint touch up pens with the applicator or one side and clear brush on the other? Im talking about the ones matched by colour code. How well do they work for small repairs?

·
Registered
166 Posts
They are a bit on the meh side. The pen didn't work so well for me. Gonna look into having the front and rear bumpers redone anyway(sister is 50% owner in a body shop so I can get the work done cheap)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yeah they are not the greatest thing but they do a decent job at touching up those nasty little rock chips.
I have to look into getting something to help protect my paint on the front. I looked into the 3M but was told I already had too many small inperfections and it would bubble. I'm thinking of plasti dipping the front in clear gloss.

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input! I guess Ill head over to Canadian Tire one day and pick some up.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
They work ok. They're meant to just cover up chips so you dont have white specks on your paint and also so it won't rust. Depending on where you use it, it may not even be noticeable. I used it to cover a chip on my driver door and it takes me a minute to find the touch up even though im supposed to know where I did it haha

Also, @El Beaner, great name LOL

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thanks for the input! I guess Ill head over to Canadian Tire one day and pick some up.
You won't find this at crappy tire dealer only unfortunately. They are kind of hit and miss. Dr colorchip is far better but more costly.

Pat.

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You won't find this at crappy tire dealer only unfortunately. They are kind of hit and miss. Dr colorchip is far better but more costly.

Pat.
My local CT has half an aisle full of code matched paints...I know because I work there :rock:

·
Registered
633 Posts
My local CT has half an aisle full of code matched paints...I know because I work there :rock:
Don't have them at the Ottawa crappy tire unless it is a recent thing, I know because I looked.:no:
Makes no difference though I got one from the dealer and it is not even a close match. I went with DR Colorchip, and it fixed a chip so well even I have a hard time finding where it was.

Pat.

Reactions: AD13
1 - 9 of 9 Posts