2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post woo hoo! 2016 sport hatchback Deep Crystal Blue.

As you can see I've got some paint damage; 4 spots on roof from previous owners roof rack, a scrape and slightly bent front right bumper due to hit and run, and deep gouges on the rear bumper from previous owners dog jumping in the hatch.

The question is, should I go straight to a professional or attempt touching up myself? Any recommended products as far as close matches for the Deep Crystal Blue paint?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
267 Posts
You can touch up small spots but anything deep like those bumper gouges from the dog would need to be smoothed and filled so it looks neat. The front scrape would likely need smoothing and repainting, pretty sure the touch ups mazda sells are for small rock chips and wouldn't look that good over those larger areas and you would need more than a few tubes (mazda touch up is like 10-25 bucks).

·
Registered
158 Posts
First Welcome to the forum! I have the same color in a brand new 2017, Nice choice. Because this is a metallic based paint and some of the gouges are fairly deep, I would most definitely have a body shop look at it and do the repair, the smaller ones you should be able to handle yourself. Once you get everything taken care of, i would suggest using or having done professionally a nano ceramic coating done on the car. It will keep the paint showroom shiny and reduce minor swirls, scratches and road debris from sticking to the paint

1 - 4 of 4 Posts