2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wss wondering if anyone with a 2018 mazda 3 non bose has had a chance to try the PAC AOEM MAZ2 on their car and it work?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wss wondering if anyone with a 2018 mazda 3 non bose has had a chance to try the PAC AOEM MAZ2 on their car and it work?
I don't think it does. On my Mazda 3 2018 the connections was different and didn't fit. At least when I checked the outgoing connection on the OEM amplifier. If you want a sub woofer there are other solutions. If your amplifier don't have a built in high to low converter, you can buy this high to low converter:
HLA-Slim / HLA-Dual

You tap in on the rear speakers cables to this converter. The converter also has a remote to turn your amplifier on/off. If you have a volume control on your amplifier to set how much bass you want to hear, it wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think it does. On my Mazda 3 2018 the connections was different and didn't fit. At least when I checked the outgoing connection on the OEM amplifier. If you want a sub woofer there are other solutions. If your amplifier don't have a built in high to low converter, you can buy this high to low converter:

You tap in on the rear speakers cables to this converter. The converter also has a remote to turn your amplifier on/off. If you have a volume control on your amplifier to set how much bass you want to hear, it wouldn't hurt.

What's the next best option aside from the pac aoem for 2018 models that I should have my audio shop do, would be the lc2i? I was thinking of getting a Synergy EFA 1k amp with a 10" sub in my 2018 and am trying to figure out the best option for an audio shop to install without having to splice into my wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The PAC will totally work!!! You need to access the head unit of your 3; and the plugs from the pac will fit perfectly snug in between your 2 heater vents. If you don't have a bose system than the small controller in the right kick panel is for bluetooth configuration for the car. I got my pac to barely fit, an extremely tight fit overall, and it took me around 3 hours to wire the sub and place the Pac.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's the next best option aside from the pac aoem for 2018 models that I should have my audio shop do, would be the lc2i? I was thinking of getting a Synergy EFA 1k amp with a 10" sub in my 2018 and am trying to figure out the best option for an audio shop to install without having to splice into my wiring.
Late answer...
Seems peoples insist that the PAC will fit on Mazda 3 on 2018. I might be wrong. So perhaps you should try the PAC. On PAC homepage it says it fit Mazda 3 2004 - 2007 and Mazda 6 up to 2016. Mine didn't fit but I wanted to connect it after oem amplifier. I don't know of any simpler thing that can be used other than the PAC if you don't want to splice into your wiring. I wouldn't worry about splice in to the wires. I have cut every single speaker wires coming out from my oem amplifier. I have a build blog on a Swedish car stereo forum that shows what I did (lots of pictures). Who would know other than you that you spliced in to the wires. For me, life is too short to worry about things like this. Its only speaker wires. Nothing that would blow up your car....

Anyway, if I only wanted to add a sub woofer and amplifier I would splice in to the back door speaker wires and connect the high to low converted I linked in the previous post. I would also buy a amplifier with remote volume control.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HLA-Slim / HLA-Dual

Late answer...
Seems peoples insist that the PAC will fit on Mazda 3 on 2018. I might be wrong. So perhaps you should try the PAC. On PAC homepage it says it fit Mazda 3 2004 - 2007 and Mazda 6 up to 2016. Mine didn't fit but I wanted to connect it after oem amplifier. I don't know of any simpler thing that can be used other than the PAC if you don't want to splice into your wiring. I wouldn't worry about splice in to the wires. I have cut every single speaker wires coming out from my oem amplifier. I have a build blog on a Swedish car stereo forum that shows what I did (lots of pictures). Who would know other than you that you spliced in to the wires. For me, life is too short to worry about things like this. Its only speaker wires. Nothing that would blow up your car....

Anyway, if I only wanted to add a sub woofer and amplifier I would splice in to the back door speaker wires and connect the high to low converted I linked in the previous post. I would also buy a amplifier with remote volume control.

Thanks man I almost have all the parts ready for install, I should be good to go next week or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same situation but in my case I have a 2018 CX-3 non Bose. I think both CX-3 and 3 have the same modules. Did you use the PAC OEM? Did it work it for you? Do you mind to post pictures just to make sure that it's the same as my car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you used the PAC AOEM-MAZ2?

Wnat to know if the PAC worked for you, I have a MAZDA3 2019 and would like to install an under the seat Self powered subwoofer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts