2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums..Getting code P2128 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "E" Circuit High Input....I’m not sure if it’s the throttle position sensor or the pedal position sensor..How can I find out which one it is without wasting money. I have a 2005 Mazda 3 2.3 by the way

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,444 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
You need the output voltage specs for the sensor to test it. Other than that....You either hook the car up to a diagnostic scan tool and see what the sensors are reporting to the ECU or start replacing parts until it works.....:surprise:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need the output voltage specs for the sensor to test it. Other than that....You either hook the car up to a diagnostic scan tool and see what the sensors are reporting to the ECU or start replacing parts until it works.....:surprise:
So if I have the live data from the scan tool, Could that help ?

·
Super Moderator
5,977 Posts
The manual says the acceptable range is .75v to 4.1v for No.1 sensor, .38v to 2.05v for the No.2 sensor. Max voltage is 4.9 from terminal E on the sensor, at which point the code is triggered. If you can locate a service manual there is a complete diagnostic tree for this code. Usually the result is a new throttle pedal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update**

Changed Pedal Position Sensor..Cleared the code..Drove around for about 20 miles..CEL Came right back on..Also this code also turns on my AT Light and puts my transmission in safe Mode.. Transmission shifts smooth all the time, even in safe mode..Time to try the throttle ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update**

Changed Pedal Position Sensor..Cleared the code..Drove around for about 20 miles..CEL Came right back on..Also this code also turns on my AT Light and puts my transmission in safe Mode.. Transmission shifts smooth all the time, even in safe mode..Time to try the throttle ?

How did you sort this out, my car is currently behaving same!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts