2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2011 MS3...service engine light just came on the other day, P2096 code running lean bank 1. I was just curious if anyone has had this issue arise before and what the culprit was? Car is completely stock no mods no tunes

·
Registered
301 Posts
My son's '07 MS3 had the same (or similar) code a month ago. We cleared the code and it has not returned. I figured that the throttle body may have been sticking open during cold weather and too much air got into the combustion chamber. The TB is heated, as it has a coolant line running through it, so it shouldn't really stick. It the problem persisted I would have detached and cleaned the throttle body. If you try that, do not bother removing the coolant line; just remove the TB from the IM after you've removed the air intake assembly from the TB.

Dirty Mass Air Flow sensor? Cleaning the MAF sensor in the air intake assembly is also very easy to do. Be sure to use nothing besides dedicated MAF cleaner. And you can get dedicated TB cleaner too. Several choices on the market for those things. I think I went with CRC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2011 MS3...service engine light just came on the other day, P2096 code running lean bank 1. I was just curious if anyone has had this issue arise before and what the culprit was? Car is completely stock no mods no tunes
I have the same issue in the Hound I have a 2011 Mazda 3 and I put a couple of things in there but the light still on and that's what it giving me is gave me that cold did you face your problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry about that text my phone is messed up so some lares a duplicate or did not put down I meant to say that I have the same car and that I have the same issue right now my question is did you fix the problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts