2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

OZ Racing Ultraleggera w/Continental ExtremeContact DW

15K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  nanxun 
#1 ·
Finally got my wheels and tires :). I decided to go with Black OZ Racing Ultraleggeras(instead of gold, thanks for everyones opinion in the previous thread) in 18x8. As for tires I went with the Continental ExtremeContact DW in 235/40 R18 since the factory tire size were on national backorder for the past 4 months. I also got some Project Kics R40 Revo Lug Nuts in NeoChro color.

Got some pics of it being installed. I'll try to get some pics of the car on the ground later

See less See more
Discussion starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your comments! Yeah these Continental ExtremeContact DW are great so far and im loving em. Much stickier than the stockers and a bit more smoother ride, probly cuz I went with a little bit bigger size. Each wheel came with two red OZ Racing stickers and planning on putting them on each wheel to give them some color

I hope my car doesn't eat up the inner part of the tires like the stockers even though I've been keeping up with cross rotating and having my alignment done twice a year religiously.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
The lug nuts look great are they worth the price?
I'm looking into getting some
Well I haven't gotten buyers remorse on the lugs even though they were $15 each lug nut lol. They look good and the main reason I wanted them was because the seat where it makes contact to the wheels, rotate so it doesn't damage the wheel when you tighten them.

Heres some pics of the vehicle on the ground. The last 2 pics show the wheels with the OZ Racing stickers I added.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
*Update

Finally had to replace the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires which I got 51,015 miles which I think was very good. I always kept up with cross rotating them every 5,000 miles and had alignment yearly. Although the tires wore all in the middle which would indicate they were overinflated but I kept them at stock pressures(35psi front, 34 rear) so I duno why else they wore like that, makes me wonder if its because I went with 235/40R18. The tread on the outter/innner was slightly above the wearbars where as the middle wore completely flat like slicks. I really liked how well these tires stuck to the ground especially whenever it rained. Overall I was very impressed with the Continentals and wouldn't hesitate to purchase them again if only Costco carried Continental Tires.

As for replacement I got the Michelin Pilot Super Sports and stuck with the last tire size (235/40R18). I wanted to try these out because they had a 30k warranty and was top rated on TireRack. I hope I'll get at least 50k out of these as well.

Reactions: nanxun
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.