2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beautiful day here in NH so I decided to finally take off my winter sneaks and put on my new summer ones.

Bought these back in late Jan and test fit one of them on the car before I purchased the other three. Guy I dealt with a Tire Rack was awesome (Rudy Riedel). Said I could send them back free of charge if they didn't fit, but alas they did :)

Anyways, here are a few pics. Car is dirty and will take some better ones after I wash her by hand.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks nice, not my style, if you like them... fine with me... I'm not god :) but I think it looks to much like a WRX or STI.... I prefer the MS3 wheels style better... but one thing for sure... OZ racing are very good wheels...

·
Registered
598 Posts
oooOOoOoooOOOooOoO

I've been goooing and gaaaaing over those wheels for a while now, and now I NEED THEM!!!!!!

I'm thinking Black though...

they look very nice, congrats

Reactions: redblur

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Red and gold were made for each other. I'm lovin em! :thumbup 1: BTW, Are those tires Dunlop Star Specs ?

Reactions: redblur

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheels themselves look pretty sweet! I'm just not a fan of the color. As long as it works for you though :)

What exhaust do you have that I see peeking out?
The exhaust is the Ultimate Racing CBE with Ti tips and I also have an Ultimate Racing test pipe.

Check out the vid sound here, it's a sick combo:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red and gold were made for each other. I'm lovin em! :thumbup 1: BTW, Are those tires Dunlop Star Specs ?
Nope I have the wheels wrapped in 235/40/18 Yokohama ADVAN Neova AS08's (man that's a mouthful)

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
Love the wheels and black lugs. The 235's make it look even more aggressive. I also like the fact that they fit and look like they belong on the car. Have you considered painting the calipers? They are definately more exposed now. Painting them would clean up that area and make the wheels pop, even if you painted them black.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love the wheels and black lugs. The 235's make it look even more aggressive. I also like the fact that they fit and look like they belong on the car. Have you considered painting the calipers? They are definately more exposed now. Painting them would clean up that area and make the wheels pop, even if you painted them black.
Yeah I was contemplating painting the calipers black and may do that as my next project. Waiting for my Sharkfin to come in to install, then maybe a CS SRI and be done (for a while) :)

I do like the black lugs and i went with something different as they are open ended lugs (you can see the end of the stud thread). I do think that the calipers would look great in black.

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
mmmmmmm......lightweight OZ's. So how much unsprung weight did you lose? Nice choice of wheel and the color, while not my fave does look good on the red.

I agree on painting the calipers and would suggest black since red would clash with the wheels.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock wheels I heard are around 24lbs each (no idea with tires). OZ wheels (without tire) is ~19lbs. each. So a weight savings of 5lbs. per corner (at least in just the wheel, not sure about the the tire).

I like them a lot and have gotten many head turns today since installing them :)

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Waiting for my Sharkfin to come in to install, then maybe a CS SRI and be done (for a while) :)

What! No coilovers. Your so close to having the ultimate 2nd gen speed. You can't stop now. Your our rolemodel. Don't dissapoint us. :crybaby 1: ....... LOL

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Warlord:

May do H&R springs, but not going the coilover route. Someone else is going to trail blaze that one :)

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Ok. Springs are good! :tongue:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts