2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what will strike some of you as an odd query. Standard with all of the vehicles—Mazda Miata, Mazda5, Ford Focus, others—I’ve had in recent years is a case to hold the owner’s manual, service records and other materials (similar to the one pictured below). Typically, these cases are made of nylon or faux leather. However, my Canadian edition 2019 Mazda3 hatch came without any kind of cover. I know that the Mazda3 is marketed internationally and that various markets receive differently equipped iterations of the car. Have any of you received your owner’s manual with some sort of case? And yes, I know that there are various digital editions of the manual available online and that the world is moving away from paper. It just strikes me as odd that Mazda’s move upscale would abandon something as basic as a case for the owner’s manual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm in the US and have the same nylon case as what's in the picture. I would think you would get a case in the car in Canada as well. Perhaps the dealer forgot to give you a full set, or someone took it while the car was on the dealer's lot?

·
Registered
97 Posts
No, ours did not, and I actually agree with you: I prefer print, for such things as manuals and service records etc. I wish that not only would the car have come with such a case, but that there be a dedicated small storage space in the car (trunk/rear cargo area?) to store it.

I was able to create one in our last Mazda ('15 3 Sport (hatch) GT) on top of the spare tire, having bought a 'case' for the materials. But on our new one ('19 3 Sport GT) there is no room for such a thing, given the subwoofer etc. stuff back there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean like the attached case (which did show on the Mazda Australia website some years ago)?.

No, I did not receive one with my documentation for my Mazda6 (2017) here in Canada. Disappointed.

Still would like to get one of these...
Yes, that's the exact one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Or Mazda6 in my case.
Same with me. No case included. Some dealerships have cheap plastic things made. I actually scored a perfectly sized Calvin Klein leather case that fits the manual, etc...it was like it was made for all the books. I was so happy when I found it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to each of you who commented. I now realize that Mazda Canada decided that this is an item that they and owners of Mazda3s can do without. Nevertheless, it is fascinating that various markets receive such very differently equipped top-end vehicles. For example, UK Mazda3s appear to come with CD players, and our neighbours to the south of us in the U.S. get front end sensors but no heated steering wheel while we Canadians get a warm steering wheel but no front end sensors. Go figure. I know, all first world problems. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thanks to each of you who commented. I now realize that Mazda Canada decided that this is an item that they and owners of Mazda3s can do without. Nevertheless, it is fascinating that various markets receive such very differently equipped top-end vehicles. For example, UK Mazda3s appear to come with CD players, and our neighbours to the south of us in the U.S. get front end sensors but no heated steering wheel while we Canadians get a warm steering wheel but no front end sensors. Go figure. I know, all first world problems. :)
Yep, it is odd! The '19s here in Canada had (at least GT/Premium) stuff the U.S. cars didn't. Now, they have that stuff and the front end (parking) sensors with the up-market package. OTOH, we get the heated wheel and so on.

Can't understand why the front ultrasonic sensors aren't included in the 'premium' package here on the '20s. Damn car is pushing toward 34/35000 Cdn now. That aside, also don't get why we can't get the 3d parking view (at least, I don't think so). Is that available anywhere? The CD player is also a gripe!

Oh well; as you say, 1st world problems! I'll just be happy if my car ('19 3 Sport GT/premium) holds up after all the 'initial quality' issues.

·
Registered
97 Posts
UK Mazda3s appear to come with CD players, and our neighbours to the south of us in the U.S. get front end sensors but no heated steering wheel while we Canadians get a warm steering wheel but no front end sensors.
In the US, the largest car market in the world, we don't get front parking sensors or a heated steering wheel. Go figure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2017 Mazda6 GX 6mt (~ US "Sport" trim) - $ 22,800 Cdn in Feb 2017 - has vinyl/plastic steering wheel rim... but 4 heated seats, auto-wipers, backup camera, (I think) heated windshield washer nozzles, heated and lit (turn-indicator) side mirrors. Cdn market is one of the best-car-for-the-dollar car markets in the world.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, it is odd! The '19s here in Canada had (at least GT/Premium) stuff the U.S. cars didn't. Now, they have that stuff and the front end (parking) sensors with the up-market package. OTOH, we get the heated wheel and so on.

Can't understand why the front ultrasonic sensors aren't included in the 'premium' package here on the '20s. Damn car is pushing toward 34/35000 Cdn now. That aside, also don't get why we can't get the 3d parking view (at least, I don't think so). Is that available anywhere? The CD player is also a gripe!

Oh well; as you say, 1st world problems! I'll just be happy if my car ('19 3 Sport GT/premium) holds up after all the 'initial quality' issues.
Guessing the government isn’t allowing those front sensors but I really don’t know. It would be nice to have those side warnings when creeping out in blind intersections or driveways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts