2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just had my local shop order a set of BFG G-Force Comp 2's for my 3S GT with the factory 18" wheels, in the sotkc 215/45R18 size. Price per was $109 mounted and balanced ( I get really good deals there ) but am reading a lot of reviews about how loud they are.

My normal Mon - Friday commute is 105 highway miles per day and although I want a tire that's going to last, run well in rain and sticky for spirited drives on the weekend, I also want something quiet for my normal commute.

Anyone have any real life input on these? I see a lot of guys running them in here so what're your thoughts, specifically on road noise.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 6MT 2.0L
91 Posts
I actually had these on my wrx a few years back. Road noise was actually minimal compared to say, Firestone Firehawl Oval tires. The BFG Comp 2’s had excellent steering feedback and and road manners. I’d get them again but since they came with the car, I was not one to oblige. I have heard that past 3-4/32, the tread becomes slicker and noisier but nothing more than normal per se (granted, I have Kuhmo Ecsta V720 extreme summer tires that howl past 30mph/55kph)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jason3SGT!

·
*The Electrician*
1,000 Posts
Try RE71R's lol, now those are LOUD LOL

Reactions: Jason3SGT!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually had these on my wrx a few years back. Road noise was actually minimal compared to say, Firestone Firehawl Oval tires. The BFG Comp 2’s had excellent steering feedback and and road manners. I’d get them again but since they came with the car, I was not one to oblige. I have heard that past 3-4/32, the tread becomes slicker and noisier but nothing more than normal per se (granted, I have Kuhmo Ecsta V720 extreme summer tires that howl past 30mph/55kph)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny how we both have similar suspension mods!
I'm picking up a set of Mazdaspeed3 wheels with the BFG tires on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts