2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a performance with economy tune with 91 octane from Mat a while back and now I'm looking to buy another tuning map from him. This time I want a pure performance file for 93 octane. I remember he used to have additional tuning map offer on his website for 85 dollars but with his new website I can't find it. Anyone know if he's still offering maps?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Found my email from when I bought it from the new website (got it in June last year).

Regarding FREE updates:
Free updates are as follows:
simple retuning for a new modification, or reviewing datalogs for a new modification.
free updates DO NOT INCLUDE:
new tune files for diferent ratings of gasoline, turbo or supercharged files, custom files, custom requests, etc.
"FREE UPDATES" are solely and specifically simple necessary updates to your PRIMARY TUNE.

I assume this to mean (since you already have the dongle) you pay the full $400 since it's a brand new tune on a different octane.
Perhaps you can contact them for a discount but this is as much as I can help for what to expect. Also I'm pretty sure this includes the licenses etc so I would expect there to be some kind of discount since you already have all that stuff locked in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just sent him a message about it on the contact form in his website. Most likely won't get back to me for a while since he's really busy, and seems to get busier by the day

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found my email from when I bought it from the new website (got it in June last year).

Regarding FREE updates:
Free updates are as follows:
simple retuning for a new modification, or reviewing datalogs for a new modification.
free updates DO NOT INCLUDE:
new tune files for diferent ratings of gasoline, turbo or supercharged files, custom files, custom requests, etc.
"FREE UPDATES" are solely and specifically simple necessary updates to your PRIMARY TUNE.

I assume this to mean (since you already have the dongle) you pay the full $400 since it's a brand new tune on a different octane.
Perhaps you can contact them for a discount but this is as much as I can help for what to expect. Also I'm pretty sure this includes the licenses etc so I would expect there to be some kind of discount since you already have all that stuff locked in.
If I remember correctly the MazdaEdit software costs 150. But that would still leave it at a big 250 dollars. That would be ridiculous if I had to pay that much

·
Registered
606 Posts
You won't need to purchase the full tuning package, just an additional map at a fraction of the price. Not sure why the website doesn't list this at the moment, but additional maps (93, full fuel economy, e85, etc) used to be less than $100, with potentially a slightly higher price for e85 due to the adjustment work involved. Emailing them would be the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts