2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SpeedRacer
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know alot of people on here have the Rally Armor Mudflaps and while they do look great, I dont know how keen I am with any drilling. Does anyone know of a different brand of flap that may not involve any modifications on the vehicle? If not I guess I'll suck it up, let me know thanks.

·
Gold Member
147 Posts
The drilling for the Rally Armor isn't much. Plus the spot you drill you don't see anymore after the mudflaps have been installed. Its a small pilot hole that you slowly enlarge to 1/4 in for the bolts. Nothing big. And if I remember correctly its only the rear mudflaps you have to drill.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought some plain jane ones manufactured by Plasticote. Purchased at Canadian Tire and saw them at Lordco too. They are black rubber reinforced internally with fiberglass, flexible and very sturdy. I had to drill a few small holes which is no big deal. Paid total $44 for 4. They look good on my black MS3

·
Registered
38 Posts
Theres so little drilling you'll forget yuo even had to. The drilling is just creating a small hole behind the bumper in the liner to make sure the bolt goes through. There's more modification to your vehicle by running over some dirt

·
Registered
282 Posts
Won't you have to drill for the corksport flaps in the rear as well? There is only one screw in my rear fenders to install a flap. Unless they use velcro or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
corksport flaps require drilling in the back. i like them much more than rallyarmor. they dont stick out so much in the back, and work with the lines better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went my own DIY route for mudflaps. IKEA flexible cutting boards, hardware, 6 drilled holes for both rears. the total cost was something like 40 bucks. the drilling in the rear only affects the inner fender splash guard (just plastic) so it can be repaired or replaced fairly easily if need be. the result:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts