2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

I wanted to share with you this very educational video from the TRFS regarding OSRAM HID's and what to expect from them in terms of brightness, luminosity and color output (pure white or "tinge" of blue):

It's very interesting to see that there is a new bulb in the lineup, the D4S: OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBB. I currently have the CBI's and its great to know that the CBB's offer more brightness than the CBI's but they do not offer the "tinge" of blue (despite being rated at 7000k) which can be found on the 2017-18 models with LED headlights. Nevertheless an important option to consider in the future.

IMO a must watch for those interested in upgrading your current stock HID's and are not 100% sure what to get or what to expect from the bulbs.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I heard that Philips Extreme Vision is the brightest among them all, even compared to CBB and CBI.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that Philips Extreme Vision is the brightest among them all, even compared to CBB and CBI.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
That is correct, the TRFS made another video comparing top of the line Philips Bulbs with the CBB's, the Philips are brighter but are more on the yellow/white spectrum in terms of color.

Here is the video:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts