2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Orange Virus Tuned E85 discussion and results

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fitisgo 
#1 ·
MAZDA SKYACTIV ETHANOL PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION UPGRADE (2.0L-2.5L ALL CHASSIS)

"For a limited time we are offering E85 mix calibrations for skyactiv customers looking to make the maximum performance out of their vehicle.

Maximum Performance, Minimal MPG decrease.

2-4 gallon per tank mixes for tunes. (3 gallons E85, rest of the tank 91+ octane)

(fill from empty for best performance).

Expected horsepower / torque at the wheels (with 3 gallons):

2.5L skyactiv: 210HP / 220lbs TQ

2.0L: 190HP / 160lbs TQ

This is an auxiliary upgrade tune."

I just placed my order and maybe will get rid of my buyers regret for getting the 2.0L

See less See more
#2 ·
We got no E85 in Honolulu to my knowledge. Damn 210hp and 220ft-lbs to the wheels...wow.

I'm just getting my OVtune started and I'm on tune 2. This E85 mix turns the 2.5L into another animal!

#3 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that 190 hp to wheels for the 2.0 is a mistake. The Miata ND skyactiv 2.0 has a more performance oriented exhaust cam, and cannot achieve more than 165 wheel hp since there is some kind of limitation for these engines (Goodwin/OV Tuning is working on this). ~190 hp at the crank is what you can expect for a 3 gallon E85 (94-95 octane) OV tune on the skyactiv 2.0.

#5 ·
With 91 octane on a 3rd gen Mazda 3 2.0, the tune gives you ~155 wheel horsepower based on the dyno results. If you go up 3-4 octane points with a 91 octane & 3 gallon E85 mix, its safe to say you will get another ~10 whp. Not 30-35 more whp/tq... There is also a limitation on these engines. They gain mostly more in the mid-range, but the top-end is limited by another factor. This thread has links and an explanation of this limitation for the 2.0 (post 7 and 17)

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...msds-tri-y-skyactive-race-exhaust-header.html

#6 ·
Saying minimal MPG change and maximum performance is sounding flawed until you define maximum performance. If the engine is limited then yes, you've reached maximum. The words sounds more imprewssive than the actual changes. Nitrous on demand at 3000rpm...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.