2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zoom Zoom
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some ms3 wheels for my mz3 and now I'm looking for another set of TPMS sensors. The cheapest ones I can find are by Orange Electronics, roughly $100 shipped.
My questions are: 1. Does anyone here have these TPMS sensors on their car? And 2. Does anyone know if these sensors have to be re-programmed (by a shop) every Spring when I get my summer tires on? Or once they're programmed for the first time, will I just have to follow the regular procedure (turn on, then off then drive ...etc.) each year.
I've been doing a bunch of searching but I cannot find much about these sensors.
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have these sensors on my gf's 3 with speed wheels. bought them from ebay for around $85 shipped: Orange Electronic SI140B TPMS Sensor Component Kit | eBay

i had them installed and programmed by justtires...they weren't able to tell me if i'd have to re-program everytime i switch out her wheels since her other ones have the OEM sensors. they said i might not have to but won't know until i do the switch.

other than that, these sensors do work and i'm happy with the purchase.

·
Zoom Zoom
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah from what I can find they seem legit.
I was wondering did they charge you extra for for programming sensors?
I'm asking because in the long run this extra cost (if there is an extra cost) may equal out to be more expensive then just buying oem ones from Mazda.
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
i know at NTB, they tried to charge me extra for programming, but JustTires did it for free as part of mounting/balancing my tires. i'd call up one of the forum's sponsors, let them know that you're a member and see if they'll program for free. i believe discount tire is a sponsor here.

Reactions: B Goes Zoom Zoom
1 - 4 of 4 Posts