2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone received the E85 newest 2016 file and did the dyno test?
Anyone notice some different for the newest file?

So I just received the newest E85 file few days ago. After I reflashed the ECU , I cannot notice any different. Also Mat mention it before it will come with launch control and some fancy stuff for current customer. I thought this update gonna be big,That's what I expect. Feel free to leave some comment :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
if there is launch control, i didn't get any instructions

·
Registered
606 Posts
So I just received the newest E85 file few days ago. After I reflashed the ECU , I cannot notice any different. Also Mat mention it before it will come with launch control and some fancy stuff for current customer. I thought this update gonna be big,That's what I expect. Feel free to leave some comment :)
Its normal to not feel much of a difference with the first E85 file. This one is primarily to calibrate fuel trims. Mat will up the tune settings in the next few files. There will be noticeable gain in particularly mid range torque compared to a 91 tune when you are finished. Unfortunately, the skyactiv engine is somewhat limited on the top-end due to its cams and small cylinder head intake/exhaust ports. It was designed for low-end torque rather than top-end power.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Skyactiver
I got the final tune on Sept. And Mat said it will have a big update after a month. Here is the detail below.

Skyactiv Tuning Update information:
Many folks have been requesting information about our up-coming calibration update for skyactiv vehicles.
Here is some information to answer some questions:
1. Am I entitled to this update?
- Yes, all customers who purchase a tune from us and have a skyactiv vehicle (2014+) will be eligible
2. Is this update required?
- No, this update is optional, but highly recommended. This is our finalized in-house calibration that we have been perfecting over the course of 6+ months, and will be ready for final release, with some very cool new features.
3. What features?
We will not go into details at this time, but we will give a hint at one.. Per gear Rev limiters... and more kiki emoticon.
4. What if I'm currently being tuned?
- If you're currently being tuned, just sit tight, your file will be upgraded automatically, and we will request some information from you about the features you may desire.
5. What if my tune is complete?
- We will have an optional Email-in form for any complete tunes to be upgraded, free of charge.
6. When is the expected ETA?
- public update ETA will be the 1rst week of January, 2016.

Thanks folks, happy tuning.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I flashed to an "updated" E85/91 blend a week or so ago.....

Since I have has a CEL for MAF and I am wondering if this could be because of the PCM update for some reason.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I flashed to an "updated" E85/91 blend a week or so ago.....

Since I have has a CEL for MAF and I am wondering if this could be because of the PCM update for some reason.

Any thoughts?
I think I had the same CEL code P0101 ? It came on about a month ago, I cleared it then it came back a week later so I cleared it again and it hasn't come back on. Since then, I brought it to the dealership for the PCM update (I flashed back to stock tune but kept the CS intake on) and they didn't mention a CEL. Now I have the recall-updated E85/93 plus the new CS cold air box and everything is/seems fine

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think I had the same CEL code P0101 ? It came on about a month ago, I cleared it then it came back a week later so I cleared it again and it hasn't come back on. Since then, I brought it to the dealership for the PCM update (I flashed back to stock tune but kept the CS intake on) and they didn't mention a CEL. Now I have the recall-updated E85/93 plus the new CS cold air box and everything is/seems fine
How is the CS air box?

I sent a log in to check and see what the issue is....

·
Registered
294 Posts
How is the CS air box?

I sent a log in to check and see what the issue is....
so far I'm satisfied with the box. I sent in a log to Mat when the CEL was an issue and he said everything looked fine. The light hasn't come back on since I cleared it

·
Registered
606 Posts
I am wandering how are the the fuel lines holding up to the e85 and are there any upgrades to the fuel system for this.
They are holding up quite well since E85 tunes use a blend of 91 and E85 which produces up to around E30 depending on how many gallons of E85 you decide to get tuned for. Fuel lines have been upgraded on vehicles produced in the last ~15 years to handle more ethanol. In some countries the same Mazda models are tuned to run 2-3x the ethanol that we use in North America. Ethanol is a solution for them to prevent knock in poor quality gas. It's not a big stretch to run E30...

·
Registered
281 Posts
so far I'm satisfied with the box. I sent in a log to Mat when the CEL was an issue and he said everything looked fine. The light hasn't come back on since I cleared it
I pulled the trigger on the CS Airbox, going to install this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts