Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DSCN1714.JPG

20140124_004548.jpg

20131217_110421.jpg

20131217_074115.jpg

grandmas driveway.jpg

All the new goodies and mods!!...So far:

Volk CE28N 18x8.5 +47 (rear) 18x7.5 +43 )front

Window visors w/ mazda 3 logo....ebay....so worth it!!!

Corksport bumper lights

AEM dry air fliter

Bad Boy Horn Upgrade

On the Way:

Rally Armor basic mudflaps...26.00 shipped. i'm going to give them a go and see how clean i can make them!!

Coming soon:

Corksport rear camber arms

brand ?...COILOVERS!!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nice wheels! Love me some CE28N! :thumbup 1:

I like the side profile pic with the guard dog... "Back away from the car...I'm watching you!" :cheesy:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Instead of posting this in the wrong section ive just made this your build thread update this with pics and info about your car.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
Volk CE28N is an excellent choice. What made you go with 8.5/7.5 stagger? Given your car's not slammed/"stanced" the setup is a bit awkward for a practical FWD daily driver.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Volk CE28N is an excellent choice. What made you go with 8.5/7.5 stagger? Given your car's not slammed/"stanced" the setup is a bit awkward for a practical FWD daily driver.
Not sure how you mean awkward?....with the offsets it looks like a square set up (lips all the same size).they sit right where i want them as far as linning up with my fenders....im not trying to be hella flush or stanced crazy...this is my daily driver my (work truck)...lol...now i have plans to go a little lower...but I have achieved my goal of not poking past my fenders and not sucked under the car...and on top of it happened to be able to run an amazing wheel! Also the 7.5 keeps front end handling near stock the +43 puts me right where I need to be and the 8.5 fills the back end up....I couldn't be happier with the out come.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Not sure how you mean awkward?....with the offsets it looks like a square set up (lips all the same size).they sit right where i want them as far as linning up with my fenders....im not trying to be hella flush or stanced crazy...this is my daily driver my (work truck)...lol...now i have plans to go a little lower...but I have achieved my goal of not poking past my fenders and not sucked under the car...and on top of it happened to be able to run an amazing wheel! Also the 7.5 keeps front end handling near stock the +43 puts me right where I need to be and the 8.5 fills the back end up....I couldn't be happier with the out come.
I believe color0 is referring to running wider in the back on a FWD car. It can cause understeer when pushed and you can't rotate your tires except L to R.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
I believe color0 is referring to running wider in the back on a FWD car. It can cause understeer when pushed and you can't rotate your tires except L to R.
Yes, that. Of course you could also not care, and rotate the 8.5's up front -- at which point you should make sure the car doesn't lose control when you brake and steer simultaneously (e.g. accident avoidance). Lots of things to think about every time you make a structural change to the car!

Reactions: tastic

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, that. Of course you could also not care, and rotate the 8.5's up front -- at which point you should make sure the car doesn't lose control when you brake and steer simultaneously (e.g. accident avoidance). Lots of things to think about every time you make a structural change to the car!

Quite simply...being a front wheel drive car your always gonna have to deal with some amount of understeer. But my car now drives and handles better whether it is in the local town round abouts or spirited canyon driving...feels awesome, looks amazing! Also this car will never see a track or any high speed cornering where the understear probably could come into play a little more.

Definitely thanks for the input and concern!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts