2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend decided to stick a business card in my door... At first I could feel the card grinding against the window whenever I would open it, but not anymore. Will this screw up my automatic window? And is there a way to take the card out?

Not sure if this was the correct section, sorry!

·
Resident MacGyver
2,227 Posts
I doubt it will create any functional issues, but I'm not sure. You would probably have to take the interior door panel off to get it out.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
I doubt it will create any functional issues, but I'm not sure. You would probably have to take the interior door panel off to get it out.
this.

I don't see it being a problem, but if you want to get it out then you would remove the door panel.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Could this potentially scratch tint if it was rubbing against it?

Just curious.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Could this potentially scratch tint if it was rubbing against it?

Just curious.
The tint should be on the inside. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that the card was put on the outside?

Most likely the card has fallen into the bottom of the door (even if placed inside or outside). the door is mostly hollow, except for the window mechanism. There is also a rain curtain (just a plastic layer) usually behind the door panel, but sometimes hanging from the window mechanism.

There should be no danger of anything. The worst thing I can think of is that the card will get wet and soft and block one of the drain holes on the bottom of the door. But leaves can do this too.

If you are worried, pull the door panel. But I would leave it for now.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The tint should be on the inside. I assume (maybe incorrectly) that the card was put on the outside?

Most likely the card has fallen into the bottom of the door (even if placed inside or outside). the door is mostly hollow, except for the window mechanism. There is also a rain curtain (just a plastic layer) usually behind the door panel, but sometimes hanging from the window mechanism.

There should be no danger of anything. The worst thing I can think of is that the card will get wet and soft and block one of the drain holes on the bottom of the door. But leaves can do this too.

If you are worried, pull the door panel. But I would leave it for now.
I assumed the friend was screwing around while in the passenger seat and dropped the card from the inside. I was just more curious to know how durable tint would be.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, thanks for the heads up, no need for me to beat anyone then lol! But yeah, the card was inserted from the outside, not from the inside.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you don't hear it touching the window anymore then it has fallen to the bottom of the door. There is nothing inside the door that it could hurt. If your window goes up and down now its not going to have a problem related to that card later.

·
Registered
471 Posts
although you could tell him he owes you gas money for the anti-weight reduction kit. 0.004g after several miles...well that can add up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts