2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
completely copying the other build threads, and im feeling a little attention whorish today so i decided to finally post this

• first mod: 35% tint all around
\
  • second mod: HID's 6000k from HIDGuy.net

• third mod: rx8 rims and green painted calipers

• fourth mod: Corksport SRI

• fifth mod: Corksport Power Series Exhaust w/ racepipe

• sixth mod: RPF-1's and Vision Racing Blue Lug Nuts

• seventh mod: repainted blue calipers

• eighth and ninth mod:
    JBarone shift plate and shifter bushings

• tenth mod: front strut tower bar (actually noticed a difference)

• eleventh mod: Eibach Pro Lowering springs

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I like the way the black valance contrasts with the stainless exhaust tip. :yes:

[/LIST]

Reactions: RTFM

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thread! How much difference are you seeing in your every-day driving from the SRI?
SRI is amazing, MA just got poured on and theres almost foot deep areas of water on the road and its nice not to have to worry about hydrolocking like you would with a CAI
I like it - looks good (not sure about the calipers)

How's the exhaust?
calipers are getting repainted, will post pictures w/new wheels, lug nuts and calipers when their ready to be shown (nothing delivered yet)
and the exhaust is great, definitely feel an increase in power
I like the way the black valance contrasts with the stainless exhaust tip. :yes:
yea it definitely stands out more, in a good way too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
How much difference in noise did you get with JUST the SRI cruising at 70-80? I want to keep my interior nice and quiet for road trips and such, but I like the effect SRIs typically have with engine response and sound when accelerating.

·
Registered
261 Posts
intake is perfectly quiet at 70-80...absolutely no extra noise. But when you open it up it def. has a bark.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea like joe said, there was absolutely no extra noise coming from the SRI unless your accelerating.

jason, the one downfall of the corksport exhaust, is that i have gotten some increased cabin noise especially while cruising. its not too noticeable but it is there. but since it was 68 degrees today i was able to drive with my windows down on the high way, and damn does this exhaust sound good at 65+ mph in 4th gear (accelerating to 75, about 4500-5000 rpm's)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
updated first post with new wheels and lug nuts
calipers will be done weds

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I love the rims!!! How close of a color match are those to the graphite mica? The blue lugs are cool too! Are those sprayed, powder coated, or something else? They really pop!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i believe there anodized which is close to powder coating, not sure though. and its really really close color match. i cant wait to paint my calipers blue, i think it will be a really nice contrast to the wheels

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
i believe there anodized which is close to powder coating, not sure though. and its really really close color match. i cant wait to paint my calipers blue, i think it will be a really nice contrast to the wheels
I'm jealous as hell right now!!! Those rims are super sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did you order them from? And, how much?

Edit: I checked tirerack.com and they only have silver and black...wtf?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my girlfriend was getting mad at me last night because i would get out of my car and while she was walking away talking i would still be at my car staring at my wheels LOL

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
my girlfriend was getting mad at me last night because i would get out of my car and while she was walking away talking i would still be at my car staring at my wheels LOL
i'd probably be doing the same thing!!!:clap:LOL

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
+45

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Very nice. They're beefy looking and gunmetal goes good with your car. So do you think you'd rub if you were lowered? 17x8 +45 is pretty aggressive on a MZ3. You got em from Oakos right?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yessir, only place to carry these limited edition straight from factory gunmetal rpf-1's :) talk about exclusive. i would probably most likely rub with the 45's on there, i could probably to 235/40 and not rub if i were to drop it

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Wait. So what size tires do you have now ? 225/45

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.