2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring and put the winter tires from my old 3 on them today. They're 16x7 205/60/16 ET50. They never caused any problems with the old car but today I noticed a knocking sound from the right rear wheel when hitting larger bumps. Could this be a fitment issue or something with the tire? I know Mazda3 Sports come with 6.5 in width wheels but I didn't think the difference would be an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,265 Posts
I recently got a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring and put the winter tires from my old 3 on them today. They're 16x7 205/60/16 ET50. They never caused any problems with the old car but today I noticed a knocking sound from the right rear wheel when hitting larger bumps. Could this be a fitment issue or something with the tire? I know Mazda3 Sports come with 6.5 in width wheels but I didn't think the difference would be an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3/4 wheels isn't too bad. Could it be a warped wheel/rim or a brake caliper scraping?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I run the same size wheel and tire for snows. And 225/55/16 for summer. No issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts