2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I no longer have my '13 Genesis Coupe. However, I recently purchased a 2015 sGT Mazda3. Love the car--hate the shift knob. I have an awesome knob I had on my Genesis Coupe (seen here). It's the correct thread size and I've already attempted to put it on my Mazda3--but it looks like this; (the copper-looking bit at the bottom of the knob is supposed to be underneath the boot, like it does in the pictures of it installed in my Coupe).

Is there anyway I can get this to fit without having to tear out the boot and re-do it? I don't want to have to sell it, as I had this custom made from Lathe Werks for almost $145.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm assuming the copper bit at the bottom is attached to the knob and not some separate adapter that you can screw in beneath the boot? If so, I don't think there is any way to get it beneath the boot. The only thing you can do is to remove the gap between the boot and knob by adding some washers, a nut, etc (I've used a rubber band).

See the following link if you need instructions on removing the center console: Removing Center Console

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming the copper bit at the bottom is attached to the knob and not some separate adapter that you can screw in beneath the boot? If so, I don't think there is any way to get it beneath the boot. The only thing you can do is to remove the gap between the boot and knob by adding some washers, a nut, etc (I've used a rubber band).

See the following link if you need instructions on removing the center console: Removing Center Console
Is there not a way to modify the stock boot? That's my next best option.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts