2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

olachu808's Build

24K views 81 replies 27 participants last post by  Loud3 
#1 · (Edited)
olachu808's Flush CWP Hatch Build

Alright so I'll start a build thread now since I haven't and I have been doing some mods lately.
This is the first car I have bought as my own and can start modding. And I am very happy with my decision to get this.

My plan is to get this thing hellaflush but its got a long ways to go still. Take a look and leave some feedback.

Mods:
Road Magnet 1.75 Springs
Lamin-x Blue Foglight Cover
35% Tint
UV LED Hatch/Footwell/Cupholder/Door/Ambient Lights
White Interior Trim
Mazdaspeed Style Front Lip
Muteki White Lugs
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
OEM All Weather Floor Mats
OEM Rear Hatch Cargo Tray
CorkSport Eyelids
CorkSport Interior LED Kit
CorkSport Short Ram Intake
CorkSport LED Fog Lights
G2 Brake Caliper Paint (White)
Morimoto HID Kit
Switchback Turns
VIP Modular Wheels
VG Shark Fin
GV Grill
Maxx White Shift Knob
AirForce Air Suspension (Soon to be installed)
Purple Fabric Interior Door Panel Trim

Future Mods:
Knight Sport Front Bumper
GV Rear Diffuser
Racing Beat Exhaust
CorkSport LED 3rd Brake Light
Aluminum Pedals
LED Swapped Gauge Cluster
LED Swapped Center Console

Well here is my car so far:

First some what of a mod was carbon fiber wrap on interior trim

Painted emblems, tint, and smoked rear reflectors came next

After was UV LED's for cupholders/footwells/doorhandles and Green LED srips in the hatch(Dont have many pics of these and the green strips wil be replaced to UV soon)

Then white fog bezel with blue fog overlays from lamin-x

Then I did gunsmoke overlay on my headlights with CS eyelids

9-9-12
Installed my RM 1.75 lowering springs
The Springs:

A quick pic during the process:

And after:
2 finger gap but that will lower a little more once the springs break in.

9-22-12
Painted
Gloss Black with White Center Cap

11-11-12
Installed Front Lip, Muteki Lugs, White Wipers, Played with Plastidip on Back Valance, Changed up the Wiring for More Interior LEDs

See less See more
#38 · (Edited)
Ok so its been a while since I have been able to get on here but here is some pics.

HID Install

My back Valance (Sorry its crooked pick)
I am going to be getting this vinyled soon either in flat black like it is or a custom design that i have in mind

Got a banner for my crew and you can see my VG Shark fin

Here she is sitting at wekfest Hawaii this past weekend (Oh and you can kind of see my white calipers)

And now I am really saving toward an air ride kit since I cracked my lip on the roads here in Hawaii and I am not even as low as I want to go so I think air will save me money in the long run.

#41 ·
Here she is sitting at wekfest Hawaii this past weekend (Oh and you can kind of see my white calipers)

hey i like swing by pearlz and paint my calipers too lol. Your 3 is fckn sick bro. i'll def help with ideas if you wanna do lights, or painting parts. wish my car was more like yours[hatch xD]. btw you gonna keep the eyelids black? or you gonna match them pearl white?

#40 ·
Thanks man and me too haha I cant wait to get bags. I know a lot of guys hate on bags and say to keep it static and what not but I really want to go lower and at my cars height now I scrape a lot already since the roads are so bad here and I have friends that are static and lower then me and there cars get worked by the roads so I decided bags are for me especially since my girlfriend and family sometimes have to use my car too itʻll save he headaches.

#45 · (Edited)
Finally got around to updating this build thread. There has been 3 major changes recently. The first was I removed the tint on my headlights. The next two are a new grill and finally new wheels!

Here are some pics. I haven't been able to get good pics of everything since its been raining a lot but I will try to get some asap.

My new wheels. VIP Modular vxs110 18x9 +37 wrapped with Hankook's 215/40

And here is the new grill. Garage Vary Grill

Now I just need moar LOW...

I also am waiting on White Lugs, a Black folding tow hook and OEM Rear bumper guards. Also planning on ordering OEM Window visors shortly

#48 ·

So been way to busy lately and have not done much to my car or posted on this site. Figured I would post a little update on this.

Have not done much recently except snap my lip...but not to bummed as I put in my order for Air suspension and should be getting all my stuff around xmas. Looks like I will be bagged by the end of the year and ready for some shows.

#49 ·
looks nice moar low would make it a killer ride

#50 ·
So havenʻt updated this in a long while once again. I never really have time but here has whats been going on with the car for people who look at my build from time to time.

First I donʻt think I posted a shot of the GV Grill so...

Anyway that's been on for a while so onto what is happening now...

False Floor status!!!

So I got everything for my air suspension and all the wires are and airlines are in I am just trying to finish up this false floor before I drop the struts in and connect it all up. I cant wait till this things on the ground.

#54 ·
Yea the bag process has taken me some time but i can officially say I am bagged now...well atleast in the front haha.

Anyway I was able to finish up my false floor, This is how it came out but I also built a cover for the spare tire that is not shown in the pic.

After I got that done I was able to install my front struts so as of right now just my front is bagged until next weekend when I have more time to instal the rears.

My tank leaks from my pressure switch so I have to re-seal that today but that's minor and a easy fix and I will also get some picks of where my airlines were ran for a better update!

#69 · (Edited)
Thanks man, yea bags are an awesome feature to have a good majority of the slammed cars here in Hawaii run bags because the roads are so crappy. I would for sure look into them if the roads in your area are bad too.

where did you get your gv grill from?
I think Nextmod if I remember correct its a rep one they make and you have to email or call them specifically to order one since its not on their site...the quality is "ok" and it was a hassle to instal but I am looking into picking up a real one from japanparts.com at some point down the line though

So clean. Can the rears be spacer'd out another 2-3mm to match the fronts?
Its a possibility but right now my plan was to tuck rim in the rear and then sit it flush on the lip up front but because of the pinch weld frame piece that sits right above the front tires I could not go as low as I wanted, so I guess I could run spacers until I get that done, but after I notch or something up front to get it lower I would remove them to tuck or pulling my fender more too that would always work. I will have to play around with it and figure out all the options.

One more of the car from OffsetKings Hawaii

#75 ·
Yea the lamin-x overlays were good I liked them and my fogs have been holding up awsome with no problems. I got it from lamin-x website and for my interior pieces I am not sure where I got the vinyl it was probably just off ebay or something I pulled it all though and just have painted trim pieces now.

#80 ·
Haven't posted in here in forever but some updates on new things installed.

All Day Fab Lower Rear Arms
Dominant Engineering Camber Arms
Rear Sway Bar Deleted
Black Suede Headliner
A,B,C Pillars all wrapped in fabric
Executive VIP Neck Pads

Not Yet Installed:
Xb Halos from TRS
Apollo 3.0 Shrouds

Ordered:
GV Rear Spoiler

Waiting to order:
K2 Motors Headlights - out of stock (then retro fit them)

Debating on:
GV Rear Diffuser & Side Diffuser (Donʻt want to rip them off while driving so up in the air about buying)

Here is how she sits right now with stock wheels on. I daily the car so donʻt always use my VIP Modulars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.