2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Damn! Got a lot of parts coming! Should look good!
Yea talk my GF into getting me the SRI early for xmas and then the rest is presents for myself that I also happened to just accidentally open early :p or gifts from family those would be the ones in the mail still.

oh SHIT ....yo said rotiforms!
And yup rotiforms I ordered myself BLQs so those are being made and I am flying to California for winter break to get to the snow so I am going to stop by there place and pick a color.

Anyways SRI is installed. So far just took it around the block and at about 3000 rpm I can start to hear the difference havent gotten to open her up yet though. Pics to come later as of right now I am off to do a little driving.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
My SRI finally got the pic up. It was super easy to instal took me about 30min but most of that time was searching for a allen wrench...sigh, but once I got one it took me about 15min a lot of which was tightening the clamps down. Anyway the car pulls a bit harder now and it sounds a lot nicer when accelerating.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I used duplicolor wheel paint there is a write up on here somewhere on it. Comes out nicer then just plasti dip

On another note:
Installed VLED Switchback Turns they are awesome! Next weekend Morimoto HID kit and LED Fogs are being installed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Love your car so far! Definitely looking forward to seeing what else you add to it. I was wondering if you would be able to take a close up and maybe a further back straight away photo of the rear end, in particular the valence? For something fairly simple and small I really like the black around the license place area without actually doing the entire rear valence. Also, did you leave it matte black plasti dip or also make that glossy?

Thanks! :beerchug 1:

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you haven't already ordered your rotiforms you should consider the Super Concave BLQ.... its what I ordered for my 09 18x9+20 I am going for a much more aggressive offset but I think unless you have seen the BLQ and the Super Concave BLQ in person its a tough call. The car looks amazing... i love the graphiti style front lip and your progress.

Keep up the great work.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If you haven't already ordered your rotiforms you should consider the Super Concave BLQ.... its what I ordered for my 09 18x9+20 I am going for a much more aggressive offset but I think unless you have seen the BLQ and the Super Concave BLQ in person its a tough call. The car looks amazing... i love the graphiti style front lip and your progress.

Keep up the great work.
If I had the money I would but it took me a while to save up just to get the regular BLQs I ordered haha but thanks man i'll be watching your car progress to

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Love your car so far! Definitely looking forward to seeing what else you add to it. I was wondering if you would be able to take a close up and maybe a further back straight away photo of the rear end, in particular the valence? For something fairly simple and small I really like the black around the license place area without actually doing the entire rear valence. Also, did you leave it matte black plasti dip or also make that glossy?

Thanks! :beerchug 1:
Yea I can get some pics of the back soon I like it better then the whole thing black its something you dont see often but still looks good. Right now its just plastidip so its matte but I'm thinking of doing a matter black vinyl in place of the plastidip since I dont think I want to go gloss.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea I can get some pics of the back soon I like it better then the whole thing black its something you dont see often but still looks good. Right now its just plastidip so its matte but I'm thinking of doing a matter black vinyl in place of the plastidip since I dont think I want to go gloss.
awesome definitely looking forward to those. how many coats did you put on? love the look on your car and is something i can actually afford at the moment so is definitely something i may do sometime in the near future

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
awesome definitely looking forward to those. how many coats did you put on? love the look on your car and is something i can actually afford at the moment so is definitely something i may do sometime in the near future
I did 3 light coats on it. Real cheap and easy but still looks good. Sorry for no pictures yet I've been super busy with the first week of my semester. Will get them soon though, I also installed LED Fogs and my Morimoto HID Kit they are way better then stock! And put on my shark find antenna as well as my rear RA Mudflaps so will have updated pictures too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did 3 light coats on it. Real cheap and easy but still looks good. Sorry for no pictures yet I've been super busy with the first week of my semester. Will get them soon though, I also installed LED Fogs and my Morimoto HID Kit they are way better then stock! And put on my shark find antenna as well as my rear RA Mudflaps so will have updated pictures too.
No worries I just started my quarter too so whenever you can haha. Definitely interested in seeing how the shark fin looks too. Did you get the VG? That was also probably what I might do in a few weeks when I can get a little money together. I don't really care for the stock antenna so hoping the shark fin looks good!

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Ok so its been a while since I have been able to get on here but here is some pics.

HID Install

My back Valance (Sorry its crooked pick)
I am going to be getting this vinyled soon either in flat black like it is or a custom design that i have in mind

Got a banner for my crew and you can see my VG Shark fin

Here she is sitting at wekfest Hawaii this past weekend (Oh and you can kind of see my white calipers)

And now I am really saving toward an air ride kit since I cracked my lip on the roads here in Hawaii and I am not even as low as I want to go so I think air will save me money in the long run.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Beautiful car! Can't wait to see the bagged version of it. :)
Thanks man and me too haha I cant wait to get bags. I know a lot of guys hate on bags and say to keep it static and what not but I really want to go lower and at my cars height now I scrape a lot already since the roads are so bad here and I have friends that are static and lower then me and there cars get worked by the roads so I decided bags are for me especially since my girlfriend and family sometimes have to use my car too itʻll save he headaches.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.