2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
olachu808's Flush CWP Hatch Build

Alright so I'll start a build thread now since I haven't and I have been doing some mods lately.
This is the first car I have bought as my own and can start modding. And I am very happy with my decision to get this.

My plan is to get this thing hellaflush but its got a long ways to go still. Take a look and leave some feedback.

Mods:
Road Magnet 1.75 Springs
Lamin-x Blue Foglight Cover
35% Tint
UV LED Hatch/Footwell/Cupholder/Door/Ambient Lights
White Interior Trim
Mazdaspeed Style Front Lip
Muteki White Lugs
Rally Armor Mud Flaps
OEM All Weather Floor Mats
OEM Rear Hatch Cargo Tray
CorkSport Eyelids
CorkSport Interior LED Kit
CorkSport Short Ram Intake
CorkSport LED Fog Lights
G2 Brake Caliper Paint (White)
Morimoto HID Kit
Switchback Turns
VIP Modular Wheels
VG Shark Fin
GV Grill
Maxx White Shift Knob
AirForce Air Suspension (Soon to be installed)
Purple Fabric Interior Door Panel Trim

Future Mods:
Knight Sport Front Bumper
GV Rear Diffuser
Racing Beat Exhaust
CorkSport LED 3rd Brake Light
Aluminum Pedals
LED Swapped Gauge Cluster
LED Swapped Center Console

Well here is my car so far:

First some what of a mod was carbon fiber wrap on interior trim

Painted emblems, tint, and smoked rear reflectors came next

After was UV LED's for cupholders/footwells/doorhandles and Green LED srips in the hatch(Dont have many pics of these and the green strips wil be replaced to UV soon)

Then white fog bezel with blue fog overlays from lamin-x

Then I did gunsmoke overlay on my headlights with CS eyelids

9-9-12
Installed my RM 1.75 lowering springs
The Springs:

A quick pic during the process:

And after:
2 finger gap but that will lower a little more once the springs break in.

9-22-12
Painted
Gloss Black with White Center Cap

11-11-12
Installed Front Lip, Muteki Lugs, White Wipers, Played with Plastidip on Back Valance, Changed up the Wiring for More Interior LEDs

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great may I ask though why blue fog overlay?
Just wanted something different then yellow. Looks>Function with my Fogs. I've read the yellow is better in actual fog but we don't get much fog if any here in Hawaii so that's why I went with the blue.

I plan to change it later on down the line once I get a few more big mods done. It would probably change to purple overlay as by the time I would change it I would have all my UV LED's in and purple lugs on black rims.

Trying for a Black on White with a Purple accent color scheme

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haven't been able to get pictures up till now and I don't have any good picture of the rims on my car as I've been real busy but the latest update here with Black rims with White center cap. Looking into purple lugs and white caliper. Check the first post for a couple more pics.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking good! However, looks like you need some spacers for those rear wheels. Looks weird with them in so much.
Yea definitely looking into them just not sure what size I should get

Anyway here are some better pics of the black rims on the car

I also added some purple trim around some of the interior pieces

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Car looks dope with the black rims and the drop! She's a looker.
Thanks man your car is looking good too

Looking real good man!

Keep up the good work, the purple trim is different, and I like that.
Yea I was trying to be a little different with that purple trim, I think it came out real nice.

Just got in some Purple Lugs for my wheels so the purple accent color is coming along. I also just got a MS3 style front lip that I want to sticker bomb before putting it on. And the final thing I ordered was some Rally Armor mud flaps.

So I should be updating with some pics soon I just need to find time to put everything on.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Was able to get a few shots today. Here is a little teaser for now, will post the rest later tonight.

Installed Mazdaspeed style front lip (sticker bombed), purple Muteki lugs, painted my wipers white, and redid some wiring for more UV interior LEDs

Edit: Time for the rest of the pictures
Played around with some plasti dip on the back valance I'm liking it

Muteki purple lugs

My sticker bombed lip

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alright well I have been really busy lately but recently got in some parts. That will make it onto the car soon.

CS SRI (Going in Today)
CS Interior LED Kit (Installed)
CS LED Fogs (Waiting for my Morimoto Kit to install)
G2 Caliper Paint (Waiting for my new rims to paint)

Once everything else gets in I can install everything.

On order I still have
VG Sharkfin
Rotiforms
Morimoto HID Kit
SwitchBack LED Turns
BaysonR Window Visors

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Damn! Got a lot of parts coming! Should look good!
Yea talk my GF into getting me the SRI early for xmas and then the rest is presents for myself that I also happened to just accidentally open early :p or gifts from family those would be the ones in the mail still.

oh SHIT ....yo said rotiforms!
And yup rotiforms I ordered myself BLQs so those are being made and I am flying to California for winter break to get to the snow so I am going to stop by there place and pick a color.

Anyways SRI is installed. So far just took it around the block and at about 3000 rpm I can start to hear the difference havent gotten to open her up yet though. Pics to come later as of right now I am off to do a little driving.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
My SRI finally got the pic up. It was super easy to instal took me about 30min but most of that time was searching for a allen wrench...sigh, but once I got one it took me about 15min a lot of which was tightening the clamps down. Anyway the car pulls a bit harder now and it sounds a lot nicer when accelerating.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I used duplicolor wheel paint there is a write up on here somewhere on it. Comes out nicer then just plasti dip

On another note:
Installed VLED Switchback Turns they are awesome! Next weekend Morimoto HID kit and LED Fogs are being installed

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
nice build.
Whats next?
Well this coming weekend I have my HID kit, LED Fogs, and Sharkfin Antenna going on.

And right now I am looking for exhaust. Thinking magnaflow or racingbeats still up in the air

Also have to get my calipers painted since I have the G2 kit for that.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If you haven't already ordered your rotiforms you should consider the Super Concave BLQ.... its what I ordered for my 09 18x9+20 I am going for a much more aggressive offset but I think unless you have seen the BLQ and the Super Concave BLQ in person its a tough call. The car looks amazing... i love the graphiti style front lip and your progress.

Keep up the great work.
If I had the money I would but it took me a while to save up just to get the regular BLQs I ordered haha but thanks man i'll be watching your car progress to

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Love your car so far! Definitely looking forward to seeing what else you add to it. I was wondering if you would be able to take a close up and maybe a further back straight away photo of the rear end, in particular the valence? For something fairly simple and small I really like the black around the license place area without actually doing the entire rear valence. Also, did you leave it matte black plasti dip or also make that glossy?

Thanks! :beerchug 1:
Yea I can get some pics of the back soon I like it better then the whole thing black its something you dont see often but still looks good. Right now its just plastidip so its matte but I'm thinking of doing a matter black vinyl in place of the plastidip since I dont think I want to go gloss.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
awesome definitely looking forward to those. how many coats did you put on? love the look on your car and is something i can actually afford at the moment so is definitely something i may do sometime in the near future
I did 3 light coats on it. Real cheap and easy but still looks good. Sorry for no pictures yet I've been super busy with the first week of my semester. Will get them soon though, I also installed LED Fogs and my Morimoto HID Kit they are way better then stock! And put on my shark find antenna as well as my rear RA Mudflaps so will have updated pictures too.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Ok so its been a while since I have been able to get on here but here is some pics.

HID Install

My back Valance (Sorry its crooked pick)
I am going to be getting this vinyled soon either in flat black like it is or a custom design that i have in mind

Got a banner for my crew and you can see my VG Shark fin

Here she is sitting at wekfest Hawaii this past weekend (Oh and you can kind of see my white calipers)

And now I am really saving toward an air ride kit since I cracked my lip on the roads here in Hawaii and I am not even as low as I want to go so I think air will save me money in the long run.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Beautiful car! Can't wait to see the bagged version of it. :)
Thanks man and me too haha I cant wait to get bags. I know a lot of guys hate on bags and say to keep it static and what not but I really want to go lower and at my cars height now I scrape a lot already since the roads are so bad here and I have friends that are static and lower then me and there cars get worked by the roads so I decided bags are for me especially since my girlfriend and family sometimes have to use my car too itʻll save he headaches.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
hey i like swing by pearlz and paint my calipers too lol. Your 3 is fckn sick bro. i'll def help with ideas if you wanna do lights, or painting parts. wish my car was more like yours[hatch xD]. btw you gonna keep the eyelids black? or you gonna match them pearl white?
The calipers are super easy to do. But thanks man I definitely want to paint the interior trim in my car after seeing yours. I never even thought to do that before and yet it makes the car look way better. Iʻll have to try and make a EMP meet if you go to those but i never have time on Saturday nights. As far as my eyelids I think I am just gonna leave them black for now, I have a few ideas that I want to get done first and I will figure it out from there. I might be loosing the headlight overlays this summer for safety check too so that will play into it as well.

·
VIP MZ3
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
does bushido meet? i work with brent w/ the corolla. i was gonna buy a banner and join you guys too lol. wouldnt mind meeting with you there if you guys have space for newcomers haha
Yea we don't meet every single week but we usually meet friday evenings. Brent is one of the main guys, you should talk to him and maybe come out to one of the meets and we can scope out each others cars and get some ideas to help with our builds.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.