1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I have to say, I really like the way the car is laid out. It didn't take long to get used to the infotainment system, and everything is pretty logical. Good work!

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
I love the cluster/dash area, makes me think of a fighter jet cockpit. The whole interior is laid out pretty well and all the controls are within easy reach.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mazda deserves some credit for using real metal for media control knob and auto temperature knobs.

Maybe others haven't noticed it, but little details like that make a world of difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This will help me combat the initial comments I get. Most common is "Does that thing on top the dash come off? Can you take it with you? What is it doing up there? Why does it stick up on top like that?"

Now I can tell them just piss off the interior is an award winning "stylish bargain."

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
would be even better if mazda had put an audio source selector button on the steering wheel.

Mazda deserves some credit for using real metal for media control knob and auto temperature knobs.

Maybe others haven't noticed it, but little details like that make a world of difference.
i thought those were plastic.

·
Mazda Fan
69 Posts
would be even better if mazda had put an audio source selector button on the steering wheel.
And a Mute button. (Do we really need a three-button "Info" switch on the wheel?!)

And I wish the whole system had an OFF button, for crying out loud. :crybaby 1:

I spent a few minutes playing with the 2014 Ford Focus system the other day - same basics, but I found the UI easier, and the whole system has a master On/Off switch. But its Nav system takes waaaay too long to boot up.

JR

·
Registered
64 Posts
And a Mute button. (Do we really need a three-button "Info" switch on the wheel?!)

And I wish the whole system had an OFF button, for crying out loud. :crybaby 1:

I spent a few minutes playing with the 2014 Ford Focus system the other day - same basics, but I found the UI easier, and the whole system has a master On/Off switch. But its Nav system takes waaaay too long to boot up.

JR
The mute button is already there. Push the volume button.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use the 3-button info All The Time, but it could go on the right and the cruise could collapse to two switches. Cruise isn't the most efficient or clean layout I've ever seen.

Technically the source select button is hidden behind the ever-mediocre voice command switch...

I'd move the voice command to the right, change that to a mute/pause (AND HAVE IT ACTUALLY PAUSE WHEN IT MAKES SENSE TO DO SO) and I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd like to have a play/pause button on the steering wheel.

This will help me combat the initial comments I get. Most common is "Does that thing on top the dash come off? Can you take it with you? What is it doing up there? Why does it stick up on top like that?"

Now I can tell them just piss off the interior is an award winning "stylish bargain."
I get "does it go down into the dash?" all the time. That would be cool though!

·
Registered
68 Posts
its allright. Mazda 5, 6 both had it. so its not uncommon for mazda

·
Mazda Fan
69 Posts
Note the quote I was responding to: "would be even better if mazda had put an audio source selector button on the steering wheel."

My Mazda 6 had it on the wheel - 'twas most-used button I had there.

JR

·
Mazda Fan
69 Posts
Here's a quasi-solution to the missing steering-wheel mute button issue for people who gave up on using the voice command feature:

Press the voice command button and then turn the volume all the way down to silent. This essentially converts the voice command button into a (temporary) mute button - pressing it silences any playing media and because the volume is at zero, you don't hear the voice prompts. After about half a minute, when the voice commands function gives up on you, the regular audio returns. To cancel the temporary mute earlier, press the hang-up button.

JR

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its well deserved, the interior reminds me of my BMW's. I am surprised at how good it feels to be inside a sub 30k car. Then when I get in my Subaru it feels like I am in a kids car, so cheap feeling :(

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
re: voice command...as audio selector button.

I didn't really know this car had voice command. So I tried and after waiting 10 seconds for the woman to finish her speech (does it ever time the button is pressed! annoying and waste of time) I said "AUX." It switched to AUX immediately! Now I wanted back to the radio. First I said "FM" nothing happened. Then I said "radio" and it switched to AM? WTF? I'll try "Present 1" tomorrow and see what happens.

Once I figure this out, this will be acceptable, although a very slow method for audio selection.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Note the quote I was responding to: "would be even better if mazda had put an audio source selector button on the steering wheel."

My Mazda 6 had it on the wheel - 'twas most-used button I had there.

JR
And notice that I was responding to this when I said the mute button is already there.
JR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts