2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,
First report for this car. Dealer Castrol Edge + 100ml of Lubro Moly additive.
Air filter was changed a few thousand ago, would explain the high Si.

I was getting ready for a trip to decide to change to keep below 5k interval.Seem like the oil had plenty of life left, lol.:laugh2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah, 3500 miles is not asking a lot of good oil and filters. From the oil analysis, I'd say the less-than-5000 interval you are shooting far is very conservative. Your car should be grateful for being owned by such a caring driver.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I constantly drive mine like a rental, so it gets abused. I tend to change the oil every 3-4k simply for preventive maintenance to insure maximum protection of the engine because of the CONSTANT redlines in every gear. If I was driving this car like it was meant to be driver - for maximum fuel efficiency, I'd definitely run 5k+ miles without even thinking twice.

I once set the maintenance reminder on "flexible" just to see what the computer thinks the oil condition is, based on the driving style and after 3k miles, it was showing that I had 60% oil life left. So it's probably possible to do 7,500 - 10k miles before reaching the 10% oil life left mark. With synthetic oil and our efficient engine, it's easily do-able.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts