2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
I had the low oil issue at 12k KM back in March 2022, and had to top up oil myself. Took it to the dealer a week later, where they noted the issue, and replaced the oil and filter. It's only been about 9k km since so I'm going to sit pretty until 24k km and reevaluate. I'm glad a fix is finally out.

· Registered
4 Posts
I received a response from Mazda customer experience team today. I think I’ll give it a couple of weeks for the dealerships in my area to catch their breath, get up to speed etc. then select one who has a loaner policy and have the repair made,.

“Thank you for contacting Mazda Customer Experience Center.

My name is xxxxxx and I am a case manager, you would have to take your vehicle for a diagnosis. You can let the dealership know you have a case open with Mazda.

Thank you for being a Mazda customer and have a great day.

If you have any questions in the future, you can reach me directly using the number and extension below. “

· Registered
6 Posts
Mine was built 2/22 in Mexico. It is not part of the tsb. Dealer inspected it, and documented the issue. I will bring it back in a few months for a follow-up.
If I’m looking at the updated TSB correctly looks like yours is included as of the 10/04 revision.

It shows Mexico built models being affected for 2022 with no visible end date on the TSB.

· Registered
4 Posts
Agree Sandy, I’m not quite sure what eddyalamodes dealer meant by “USA only”. The tsb seems to give Canada and mexico a mention also. Not to mention the vehicles are manufactured in Japan, or at least mine is.

· Registered
64 Posts
2019 Mazda 3, non turbo. On my way to work this morning I got a low oil warning. I waited a few hours and went back to the car and checked it, sure enough it was down to the lower line. I guess that is one quart low? Car has 25k miles on it, I think the next oil change will be this weekend.

I still have my 2008 Mazda 3 and after 170k miles on it, I cannot ever recall losing any oil between changes.

· Registered
2 Posts
2019 Mazda 3, non turbo. On my way to work this morning I got a low oil warning. I waited a few hours and went back to the car and checked it, sure enough it was down to the lower line. I guess that is one quart low? Car has 25k miles on it, I think the next oil change will be this weekend.

I still have my 2008 Mazda 3 and after 170k miles on it, I cannot ever recall losing any oil between changes.
Same thing has started happening to mine. 2019 3, non turbo. In September of last year got "low engine oil" alerts. On checking it was at the low mark on the dipstick. Put a a half quart in. Alert popped up again over christmas about 3k miles later and it was down to the low mark again. Going for oil change in a month or so and will have dealer note it.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts