2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2040 Posts

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel like there have been ALOT of wheel and tire questions strew about both the general discussion and the performance & Mods sections. Maybe we could try and keep them all located in one thread. Not only will these clean up the clutter but having one thread helps people to find answers to questions that might have already been asked and answered in the past.

edit: perhaps we could get a mod to spend a couple minutes and merge some of the random wheel threads into one...if not feel free to let this thread die, just seems like stuff just gets posted all over the place :eek:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
to start this thread, do any of you guys run any 17x8 rims with 35-offset and will this set-up fit in our 3s?

I'm looking to get a BBS Evo IX rims.. any input on these guys? my car is a Black Mics..

here's a sample pic of the rim but on a 1st gen MS3..

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
to start this thread, do any of you guys run any 17x8 rims with 35-offset and will this set-up fit in our 3s?
do you want to just re-post your EVO-X picture/thread into this one? thanks for helping me try and get this thread a rolling!

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say it will def. fit at stock right height, but you will notice a bit of tire outside the fender. As far as running them on a dropped vehicle it could take some fender pulling and a bit of negative camber but I think they will work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Glad this started I have been meaning to ask some rim questions...
So my parents car just broke down after buying new tires a couple of months ago and I want to take them off their hands before they donate the car but they are 235/45/17..
My question is that what kind of specs should i get for the rims to try to make this work? I want to get some rota torques btw

Thanks for the input

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
So my parents car just broke down after buying new tires a couple of months ago and I want to take them off their hands before they donate the car but they are 235/45/17..
My question is that what kind of specs should i get for the rims to try to make this work? I want to get some rota torques btw

Thanks for the input
atleast 17x8 rims..:clap:

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
I feel like there have been ALOT of wheel and tire questions strew about both the general discussion and the performance & Mods sections. Maybe we could try and keep them all located in one thread. Not only will these clean up the clutter but having one thread helps people to find answers to questions that might have already been asked and answered in the past.

edit: perhaps we could get a mod to spend a couple minutes and merge some of the random wheel threads into one...if not feel free to let this thread die, just seems like stuff just gets posted all over the place :eek:
you're officially my savior. mods seem to be scarce on these boards though.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks for the input
hmmm, that is actually pretty close to the stock tire except they will be pretty tall. They are about 8mm bigger in diameter and a bit wider. they only differ in total rotational speed by %1.0. Meaning if you are doing 60 on the speedo you would really be doing 60.6mph.

In reality I would think these tires would just give your current rims a much squishier and less sporty ride. Other than that I wouldn't really think these would be worth using on future rim plans. I would keep them and sell them for a couple hundred bucks toward rim/tire budget.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well if they are looking for people to mod, I would be more than happy to. There have been alot of threads I would love to clean up and keep in order but I find my hands tied. I have been a Mod on two other boards and run my own site as well so it wouldn't be a big deal to help out.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i think you and i should be mods. you can be the bad cop and i can be the good cop :clap:

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and once again a perfectly good thread is now at 2 pages full of crap :(

·
Registered
140 Posts
hmmm, that is actually pretty close to the stock tire except they will be pretty tall. They are about 8mm bigger in diameter and a bit wider. they only differ in total rotational speed by %1.0. Meaning if you are doing 60 on the speedo you would really be doing 60.6mph.

In reality I would think these tires would just give your current rims a much squishier and less sporty ride. Other than that I wouldn't really think these would be worth using on future rim plans. I would keep them and sell them for a couple hundred bucks toward rim/tire budget.
I can take the tires from my parents but i cant sell them and take the profit.. i figured i would have some fun with these tires for the summer and get go back to some 225/45's or 40's
Another question is would this rub?

My bad for asking questions..

·
Registered
477 Posts
just a thought for this thread, maybe have people include there setups currently and add what fits to the OP?

Brand + Model of Wheel:(eg, OEM Mazda RX8 )
Diameter, Width, and Offset: (eg, 18x8 +50mm)
Brand + Model of Tire: (eg, Toyo Proxes4)
Tire Size: (eg, 225/45-18 )
Suspension:
(stock, aftermarket mods, drop amount)
Fenders Rolled: (yes/no, front/rear)
Any Fender Rubbing: (yes/no, before/after rolling)

my setup:

Brand + Model of Wheel: Enkei RPF-1
Diameter, Width, and Offset: 17x8 +45mm
Brand + Model of Tire: General Exclaim UHP
Tire Size: 225/45-17
Suspension: stock
Fenders Rolled: no
Any Fender Rubbing: no

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
anybody has 17x8 rims on stock tires? how about 17x8 +35mm?

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also note there is a 2010 Mazda 3 wheel and tire sticky thread. :thumbup1 1:
That is a picture thread, wanted to keep pictures seperate from questions

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can take the tires from my parents but i cant sell them and take the profit.. i figured i would have some fun with these tires for the summer and get go back to some 225/45's or 40's
Another question is would this rub?

My bad for asking questions..
My comment wasn't aimed at you

·
Black Mica
374 Posts
just a thought for this thread, maybe have people include there setups currently and add what fits to the OP?

Brand + Model of Wheel:(eg, OEM Mazda RX8 )
Diameter, Width, and Offset: (eg, 18x8 +50mm)
Brand + Model of Tire: (eg, Toyo Proxes4)
Tire Size: (eg, 225/45-18 )
Suspension:
(stock, aftermarket mods, drop amount)
Fenders Rolled: (yes/no, front/rear)
Any Fender Rubbing: (yes/no, before/after rolling)

my setup:

Brand + Model of Wheel: Enkei RPF-1
Diameter, Width, and Offset: 17x8 +45mm
Brand + Model of Tire: General Exclaim UHP
Tire Size: 225/45-17
Suspension: stock
Fenders Rolled: no
Any Fender Rubbing: no
I love this idea...lets keep the thread w/ this..people can then make decisions accordingly and PM the user.

1 - 20 of 2040 Posts