2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the page states lets talk about them tires you got! Now I still got my standard tires which to me arent bad at all but im looking to upgrade! Im trying to have three sets of wheels by the end of the year depending if i get this new job i want. So anybody do a lil off roading with there cars? Because im really into rallying and i got some places around here to have some fun any suggestions?

Winter i think i know already im getting studded continental winter contact sport DWS tires or nikons or w/e there called

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have the stock Turanzas on right now w/ the stock i Touring 16" wheels. This winter I swapped in a set of Continental ExtremeWinterContact snows, which I highly recommend btw. I'm graduating and starting a new job this summer, and I will be moving every 6 mos. or so, so it will be hard to tell for the next 2 years what if I'll be needing the snows. If I do, I'll probably swap the snows on for good, and then come spring outfit the 3 with some 17s or 18s with some good performance rubber as I want to do some autocrossing. I have some time to think though...

I hate how the Turanzas give up grip so easily in dry. If I let off the clutch to hard it will chirp the tires (and its annoying...)

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
My stock tires have actually been better then I expected from all the things that everyone says about them. I'm still going to be replacing them with some good extreme sport summer tires since I never see anything other then sunshine 360 days a year.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 sports for me. I absolutely love them. They outgrip my suspension and are nice and quiet on the highway. The only real complaint about them is b/c the rubber compound is so soft they're going to be due for replacement soon after only about 18k miles. When that happens I'll be upgrading to 18s and probably 225/40 Potenza RE960s or Potenza 050 pole positions

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
i'm on the stock yoko's. god, they're horrible. barely have any grip... gonna upgrade them when i get my wheels (whenever the hell that'll be...) though. most likely gonna go with falkens.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'll run the Yoko's until their gone and then go with the Continental's as well. I was going to replace them this winter so I wouldn't have to face another winter on those lousy tires, but I just found out that I'll be out of the country all winter, so I can push that bill off to next summer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
idk what I should get? I'm moving in August and haven't really had to do the whole summer/winter set-up. Where I am moving it does snow, but not very often. I was going to go with some hankook ventus (but they are all-weather) 225-40-18 after my nankangs go.

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
I'm thinking of trading my turanza's for a set of Fuzion ZRi's... I had those on my neon, and I didn't have any problems with them, snow or dry.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just purchased Continental DWS tires a couple of days ago and I know its still early to really review them but my first impression is great... grip really well in dry but i havent gotten rain but i can only imagine they are going to hold up well

·
Registered
331 Posts
i'm on the stock yoko's. god, they're horrible. barely have any grip... gonna upgrade them when i get my wheels (whenever the hell that'll be...) though. most likely gonna go with falkens.
I have Falkens and love them. A really good bang for the buck tire. Plus they are rated very highly.

BeEvil

·
Registered
176 Posts
My stock tires have actually been better then I expected from all the things that everyone says about them. I'm still going to be replacing them with some good extreme sport summer tires since I never see anything other then sunshine 360 days a year.
I was out in SoCal in January on a business trip. Drove over from San Diego to Palm Springs, and there was about a foot of snow on the mountain road. I bet the locals were freaking out.

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Yeah. Beautiful drive, but tricky once we hit the snow, especially since the rental was a (POS) Kia minivan.
Sounds good, my next trip, on a sunny day, to SD will be that back way. I keep hearing thats its a pretty drive.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man sometimes i just wish to have a lil more snow just so i can mess around but then again im freaking tired of this past winter of being shitted on by snow 4.5 ft for VA god damn you mother nature but please come back next year ith as much when i have my snow tires lol!

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what type of FALKENS does everyone recommend?

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
The round ones........

1 - 20 of 330 Posts