2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
damn, those seats look sick! I did my interior vinyl a while ago and absolutely love it as well, gloss black tho. stopped at the steering wheel emblem... how did that go? (I am pretty anal)
Steering wheel was actually a bit tricky, being that it was my first time using the vinyl. After getting the hang of the flexibility and using a exacto knife it was really easy. If you are afraid of the vinyl peeling off because of heat or such (don't know where about anyone lives) just buy the Premier Adhesive when looking/buying the vinyl. :biggrin:

·
I LOVE pink!
136 Posts
Can the emblem in the center of the steering wheel be removed? I actually had a dream that I removed it... but in the dream I broke it AFTER it was removed lol :blush 1:

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
It looks like you did a great job. Where did you get the vinyl? I'm debating on weather or not to do it to the "wood" trim in my wife's BMW. Was it a pretty easy product to work with?
I bought some from SimCarbon off of Amazon, 12x60 roll of it. Works really well and was on par with the 3m sample that I had also.

Easy to remove and leaves no trace it was on the piece you had applied it to, I re did a portion of my interior trim that had been on there for about 4 months in the sun, in the Texas heat and it removed very cleanly.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Ok well so many of you have created so many threads about showing us your interior so now Im on the hunt for them and expect them in here! Obviously whoever has the oldest thread will be the owner of this page and nothing will make sense here! LOL:tongue:

·
Registered
383 Posts
I tried. It was a huge pain in the ass. I ended up just breaking the rings off, plastidipping the, and super gluing them back on. You cannot get them off with breaking them and vinyl is hard because if the shape and the fact that you would have to do it using a stripe of vinyl so there would be a seam

·
Matt
5 Posts
Well I bought some vinyl and I might try doing the speedometer rings if I have success with the easy stuff. I'm curious if a seam would be noticeable.

3M Scotchprint Series 1080 M227 Matte Metallic Blue Vinyl Wrap

This color seems to match my car color.

I tried. It was a huge pain in the ass. I ended up just breaking the rings off, plastidipping the, and super gluing them back on. You cannot get them off with breaking them and vinyl is hard because if the shape and the fact that you would have to do it using a stripe of vinyl so there would be a seam
Do you have pictures?

·
Registered
383 Posts
It might not be noticeable if you manage to get the seam at the very bottom of each ring and make sure there is no overlap. Depending on how stiff and thick the vinyl is, you may want to either wait until summer and run the heater the entire time. The heat makes it much more pliable. You could also use a hair dryer if you have one. As far as a picture, let me see. Here are a few of the vinyl and plastidip work I have done on my interior.

I don't have any of the gauges but I will take some tomorrow. It is the same red as the rest of it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yes. Everything there is vinyl. I have since redone the ac vent rings with plastidip but it looks the same.

·
Matt
5 Posts
So my vinyl got in and I had a lot of success with the passenger panel.

I tried removing the passenger vent using the instructions in the workshop manual and I broke some of the plastic grill.

Does anyone know how to vinyl the silver rings on the vents?

The instructions in the manual were (Image attached).

I used speaker wire around the hex grill and pulled.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't believe how popular the carbon fiber has become! I was wrapping my 05 corolla 3 years ago :) anywho I'm thinking hydrographing two trim prices on my dash (the long piece above the glove box and the small square piece where the traction control button is located) originally I had planned on purchasing a black mica hatch but we will blame that complete life-fail on my dealer....I wanted to do like an emerald green marble inside just to break things up. We'll now that I've bought a graphite 3 I'm thinking that's too much, now I'm thinking a black and grey marble would be eunique. Anyone here experimented with hydro graphing or water image transferring?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

221 - 240 of 264 Posts