2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1080 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
that looks great....!could you explained how difficult the process is?did you replaced the stock headlights and fog lights?what's the brand of your HID's?

·
Registered
476 Posts
can you by any chance take a picture of ur hid's cutoff line? like on a wall? looks great! thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
i want the change the bulbs in my xenon HID. i notice that at first when you turn the car on its blue then it turns kinda yellow. i kinda wanted it to stay the blue color it is when you first turn it on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
They really look good! And I usually think 8K is too blue, but on your car they look great.

·
Registered
452 Posts
does anybody know if it's possible to replace the headlight from a 2.0L with those from a 2.5L GT model? I would like to have the led in the headlight but it's not available with my engine choice. So it's the only way 4 me is to buy bi-xenon in spare parts and replace original headlight.

Is it possible to add the blue welcome lightning from a GT too?

Peoples from Mazda here cannot answer yet.

thanks

·
Registered
476 Posts
does anybody know if it's possible to replace the headlight from a 2.0L with those from a 2.5L GT model...
ya i'd like to kno that too. I figure, i'd probly wait for the mazdaspeed 3 if i can change the headlights out to have the bi-xenon hid, self-leveling, adaptive headlights :) i wonder if theres buttons or switches u'd have to change in the interior for that feature or do they use the same controls?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At first I replaced the stock bulbs with the HID like bulbs for both my headlights and fog lights. Had them on for like 2 weeks and didnt like them so said eh might as well go HID! Got 3500k fog lights which dont look as yellow because theres a metal plate inside the foglight housing thats suppose to help concentrate the fog beam/ Protect the bulb and housing (Which totally does not help!) So they do look kinda blue. Got 8000k headlights cause they ran out of 6000K which I really didnt mind. The brand of the bulbs were like "apexcore" I think? But I get a lifetime warranty with the shop I bought them from. Installation was no problem. It was pretty much a straight plug n play with the ballast an light bulbs. What took most of the time was getting it on a good mounting point to where it would look tucked and hidden. OH and I asked my mazda dealer if it voids my warranty if I put them in and he says no just an FYI

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would like to change the color on my fatory HIDs to a 6k vs what comes stock on the GT. Anyone have any idea what the bulb number is for the factory system (HID)?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would like to change the color on my fatory HIDs to a 6k vs what comes stock on the GT. Anyone have any idea what the bulb number is for the factory system (HID)?
I would guess its an h11 bulb? Thats the size on an S though.... Do you know if it says the size on the stock bulb like it did on my mazda?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would guess its an h11 bulb? Thats the size on an S though.... Do you know if it says the size on the stock bulb like it did on my mazda?
I haven't taken a close look yet. There is a warning on the rear cover for the headlight that states "Do not remove cover. High voltage inside (25,000 volts). Refer to service manual" So until I get my hands on a service manual I'll be a good boy and wait.

·
Registered
54 Posts
guys, where did you mount the ballast? does it includes relay?and lastly, is there no limit of how much "kelvin" we can only use? thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
btw what number are the bulbs / size or w.e. for the fog lights. went to auto zone today they didnt have any information on it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
looks awesome!

·
Registered
856 Posts
The fogs look pretty yellow. Were those taken before or after you switched the fogs to HID? Or is that just the color temp that 3500 puts out?

Also, how are your fogs with glare since you added the HIDs? You mentioned a metal plate that concentrates the beam. Do you think this suffices in eliminating the need for a projector?

I'd like to add HIDs down there but I am not indifferent to the nuisance and danger the glare has on other drivers. Don't want to go through the trouble of learning about and adding a projector.

1 - 20 of 1080 Posts