2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have a 2010 MazdaSpeed 3, looking to trade for a Mazda 3 spoiler. I plan on doing the Wing Riser mod, and I don't believe the MazdaSpeed spoiler will look great with the 2 piece design being raised.

If interested in a trade, please let me know! -- [email protected]

Id love to swap but I'm located in WNY….
2010 2.5s black. ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Reviving this thread for my first post, I plan to make an additional to introduce myself. I have a stock 2013 MZ3 HB Black Mica and i'm looking for someone would would like to swap a compatible Mazda Speed 3 HB spoiler of the same color. I'm located in Utah but i'm willing to ship wherever.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Am I weird or is it just me? the 06-09 speed 3 wing looks great on the 04-09 body style but to me the 10-13 wing from the regular ones fit the body style better then the speed version does? I was going to get a speed wing from a forum member or aftermarket for my 08 touring hatch before I wrecked it, but I have an 11 GT hatch now and I prefer the wing already on it to the speed wing. I know the speed wing is supposed to be actively tuned and what not but on the 10-13 it just throws me off

·
Registered
20 Posts
Am I weird or is it just me? the 06-09 speed 3 wing looks great on the 04-09 body style but to me the 10-13 wing from the regular ones fit the body style better then the speed version does? I was going to get a speed wing from a forum member or aftermarket for my 08 touring hatch before I wrecked it, but I have an 11 GT hatch now and I prefer the wing already on it to the speed wing. I know the speed wing is supposed to be actively tuned and what not but on the 10-13 it just throws me off
I kind of agree. I like the S spoiler on the 10-13 better than the flat I spoiler.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I kind of agree. I like the S spoiler on the 10-13 better than the flat I spoiler.
yeah they did a great job of incorporating the cars lines and design into the hatch spoiler on this generation, the speed spoiler just looks pretentious to me in this generation, its not, because they are quick, but it just looks that way. anytime I see a hatch with a spoiler over the roof line I think, man that's an anchor, and looks silly. or like the other day I saw a 2005ish Toyota corolla (128hp mind you) with a drag strip car type spoiler on it. or the funniest one is the Suzuki little 4 door sedan from 1999ish that works somewhere near me, I looked it up (cant recall the model now) but it made all of 88hp but the owner thought it would need a drag strip style wing, for that whole 88hp, because that power will lift you off the ground lol. or the civic guys that put massive wings on the trunk and lip wings on the back window, really? your little slow dx Honda needs 2 spoilers? that's one reason I passed on buying a civic si the stereotypical owner of one gives them a bad rap and I just cant be in that crowd, too many punk wannabes, the mazda crowdis more mature with our cars and upgrades and mods, for the most part, I see very few stupid looking mazda 3's and 6's and miatas etc. and I like my mazda 3 mostly the way it is, a few minor upgrades like cold air intake and exhaust and stuff maybe in my near future but for now stock looks, drive and handles fine. now the new type r they are brining here needs the wings it has, those, like the ms3 are not pretentious but many on civics and corollas etc are

·
Speed3 Wannabe
7 Posts
Hey everyone,
I've got an opportunity to do this swap (MS3 to my MZ3) but after reading through this thread a dozen times, I can't nail down the specifics of wiring up the third brake light. Just curious, has anyone tried using twist on wire splicers instead of soldering? I could solder if I had to, but it just seems a lot easier to snip and twist. If I can get an answer on this, I will try and post a more detailed how-to for wiring up the TBL.

Thanks.

·
Speed3 Wannabe
7 Posts
A year later and apparently this "official" thread is dead. Photobucket going down pretty much makes it worthless.

Well, if anyone was curious, I did the swap. Rewired the light and it's working fine. Took pictures and everything but seems like nobody is interested, so I won't post unless asked to. Also if anyone wants to buy a celestial blue MZ3 spoiler let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A year later and apparently this "official" thread is dead. Photobucket going down pretty much makes it worthless.

Well, if anyone was curious, I did the swap. Rewired the light and it's working fine. Took pictures and everything but seems like nobody is interested, so I won't post unless asked to. Also if anyone wants to buy a celestial blue MZ3 spoiler let me know.
Hi i have mazda 3 2012 skyactiv.. does it fit speed 3 wing to my car?

·
Speed3 Wannabe
7 Posts
Not sure what you are asking, but if you are like me and have a regular Mazda3 hatch, a speed3 spoiler will fit with minor modification.

For anyone else, I have a Celestial Blue Mazda3 OEM spoiler available for purchase.

·
Speed3 Wannabe
7 Posts
YES PLEASE!!!! Can you post some pictures please?
This is for swapping a Mazda3 (MZ3) to Mazdaspeed3 (MS3) spoiler. Obviously you should be fairly comfortable with working on cars and electrical work if you attempt to do this, and I don't take responsibility if something goes wrong on your end. This was my personal experience, and it worked.

First off, obviously get the spoiler for the swap.
Next, get the interior trim piece. Since the MZ3 spoiler has a bulb third brake light (TBL) and the MS3 TBL are LEDs in the wing itself, the interior trim pieces will be different.

This is the piece you will have to find/pick/order

Google this Part # and buy off a genuine parts dealer, or pick one at a yard if you're lucky

You will also need to buy a 2 wire harness, I think I bought these on Amazon.

You are going to have to pull trim pieces off to do the swap. Be careful, take your time so you don't break the clips. Also, the pegs that hold the ropes for the privacy tray are clips themselves, pull half of the sphere/nub and it will come out easy.

You will have to cut a hole into the car to pass the MS3 spoiler wires through.

No real science behind this, eyeball it and make sure to sand down the edges so the sharpened metal won't cut through the wires you are passing through.

MS3 wire:

Car wire:

This is what you end up with after you thread the spoiler's wires through the hole you just made. This is the major problem that this thread demonstrates as you now have two male ends to two different size plugs.

Cut the plugs off, use wire strippers to peel them back a bit, and twist on the new plugs you bought so there is a dedicated male and female end.

On the left side you can see I went red to purple, and black to black. The right side... I can't remember... but one of the white wires may have had a black line on it and I think I connected that to the red wire. Again, not sure, so test them out by having someone step on the brake.

When everything is working, solder and use a heat shrink tube on all four connections. Tighten all the bolts down, zip up the trim and you're done.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts