2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that wants to download the FW for their Infotainment system you can officially download it from the Mazda Technical Download server. It can be found under https://mazdashare.com/mtds

The downloads are restricted. For that you need to register an account under the portal which is located under: https://portal.mazdaeur.com/io/index.en.html. You can register as an Independent Operator and access the locked pages. To do that and to access the restricted areas you are presented with a fee to use the portal according to the time you need the access for. Latest manuals for service and maintenance can be found for each vehicle by using your car's VIN number. We are heading at a good step regarding the EU market and the FW updates. Personally I am still looking for the JP M versions. I will keep looking.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just purchased access and they only have the following firmware for Mazda 3:

cmu150_EU_70.00.100A_failsafe.up
cmu150_EU_70.00.100A_reinstall.up
cmu150_EU_74.00.311A_update

I was expecting a full list of all the firmware versions but sadly that is all that was there. If these are not what you want then save your money.

I am currently on 70.00.367 EU and from what I understand (for tweaks), I need to downgrade to either:
70.00.335 EU
or
70.00.352 EU

Sadly all links appear to be dead for FW these days :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
No, you also can downgrade to .100 to enable the possibility to install tweaks via usb - try the ID7v2 method: www.mazdatweaks.com/id7
I think I will indeed just downgrade to .100, thanks for the tip.

It would be amazing if I don't need to install tweaks via serial, however from this page:

It sounds like anything higher than v59.00.502 needs a serial connection. Could you clarify that a bit for me if you know?

Thank you very much! :)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Correct. Anything above 59.00.502 needs a serial connection, if you did not install ID7 at a lower version.
If you read a little more all details are posted here in the forum a lot of times.
59.00.502-70.00.100: ID7 serial access
70.00.335+70.00.352: ID7v2 serial access
...for higher nothing is published.
At a downgrade it could be that ID7 does not work, then take the ID7v2 process.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
cobra? Never heard.You want to use Android Auto via Applecare? Are you sure you know what you want and what you can expect? Does not sound like it to me...

Android Auto and Apple Carplay is included in any FW 70 and 74. But to show up/work, it requires an installed new usb hub+2 new cables. The Android Auto app is updated via your phone (and not via MZD) only.
Just FW70 or 74 (without new hardware) does not enable Android Auto or Apple Carplay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cobra? Never heard.You want to use Android Auto via Applecare? Are you sure you know what you want and what you can expect? Does not sound like it to me...

Android Auto and Apple Carplay is included in any FW 70 and 74. But to show up/work, it requires an installed new usb hub+2 new cables. The Android Auto app is updated via your phone (and not via MZD) only.
Just FW70 or 74 (without new hardware) does not enable Android Auto or Apple Carplay.
ya, read about it and understand what you just explained. So i went and bought a USB hub which enables you to connect wirelessly an iphone to MZD and enable carplay. HOWEVER, you first need to install an .apk file on your mazda connect. This is done through the android UI, however, the android version i have is 4.1 on my car , and i need to update to 4.4.
I dont suppose FM 311 is including that ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts