2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you get your oil analyzed, but I am taking my sample today to send out to Blackstone. There is a thread in the MS3 section but none here so I thought I would get one started.

You can go to there website and get a free oil sample kit, or if you have a friend who is a nurse, have them snag you a couple pee sample cups they work just as well :blush 1:

·
Registered
607 Posts
I was going to get a Finning Oil Analysis done as well, but I forgot to take the bottle and paperwork. maybe next time lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
Very nice, i'll be doing the same at about 30k...im sitting at 18k miles now after 9 months so it'll come quick. i'll be waiting for ur update

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sample sent :D

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. Can you give us more info on your oil? Brand, weight, miles on it, etc...??
pennzoil platinum 5/20 with 5k miles on this change. I sent the sample UPS so I should be getting it back soon. I wish I would have also mentioned that I was on my third oil change.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got mine just a minute ago. Copper is HIGH, but they say it's cool. I will be keeping an eye on it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why didn't they give you a TBN on yours?
I didn't want one at this point in time my total base number isn't important to me. I will get one at around 30k miles and all my break in is done.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Heh, oil/drug test for the mazda. :] Glad to hear your 2.5l got a clean bill of health! When was oil change no 1 (miles)?

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heh, oil/drug test for the mazda. :] Glad to hear your 2.5l got a clean bill of health! When was oil change no 1 (miles)?
first oil change was at 500 miles with a switch to full synthetic. Second change at 3000 miles, third change and one that got tested at 8000 miles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts