2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
@turd till the turns, post: 2481666, member: 535045"]
I did the retrofit. To get "AA" and to be able to charge my phone..

Is this official AA or aio AA v1.12? If official mazda AA is should work out of the box straight away with your retrofit usb cable and hub for fw70. No need for aio v1.12 unless u wanted HUD turn by turn and touch features which are the best feature of aio AA v1.12.

I wanted to use tweaks so in installed with serial hack..android auto works with cable and wifi, but there is no audio...

Is this official AA or aio AA v1.12? U are referring to?

I was thinking to downgrade to v59.00.546 to get audio and AA and tweaks.im unsure if the hub only works with FW70.

I dont have new retrofit usb hub so i can't answer u. U would be the 1st person in this entire forum to try this out. If u do please give your results here it would be extremely important so other can proceed. If u referring to official mazda AA im sure it has audio.

..I'm currently without AA and have tweaks with the retrofit hub. but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones.
Im not quite sure which AA u are referring to? Can u be more specific? If official mazda AA u should currently have it active in your mazda applications menu if u had uninstall aio andriod auto v1.12.

"but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones".

This is how i solve the dilemma u are having since 2017 with old usb hub. It charges my phone faster than i reaches my destination, tweaks, touch & HUD turn by turn all works no issues. I charges 4 other devices while using AA v1.12 mod all at once. Thats why i have yet to upgrade to new usb + cable $500 @ stealership until official mazda AA support google map HUD turn by turn and touch mode. For now this system and setup works flawlessly 100% for me. Thats why I would recommend Everyone that have old usb cable and hub or new use this setup satisfaction guarantee.[/QUOTE]How can I search on internet the adapter?

I found this: did someone tried before?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Im not quite sure which AA u are referring to? Can u be more specific? If official mazda AA u should currently have it active in your mazda applications menu if u had uninstall aio andriod auto v1.12.

"but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones".

This is how i solve the dilemma u are having since 2017 with old usb hub. It charges my phone faster than i reaches my destination, tweaks, touch & HUD turn by turn all works no issues. I charges 4 other devices while using AA v1.12 mod all at once. Thats why i have yet to upgrade to new usb + cable $500 @ stealership until official mazda AA support google map HUD turn by turn and touch mode. For now this system and setup works flawlessly 100% for me. Thats why I would recommend Everyone that have old usb cable and hub or new use this setup satisfaction guarantee.
How can I search on internet the adapter?

I found this: did someone tried before?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
@rquanleon do not try or buy
Those will not work for this application due to the fact that it doesn't have the power extension adapter source which bridge from your 12v socket. In fact it will be worse because it uses more power than delivery it to your device and cannot provide the data link and power. Refer to my picture and Google it or similar for the right one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
@turd till the turns "New USB hub is a requirement only for the official Mazda AA implementation. It was never a requirement for Aio, regardless of firmware version".
I Have a question, If the new USB hub has a DRM to activate the AA in FW70, isnt a way to hack the FW70 to activate the official AA, without the New Hub? regardles of the update on charging...
And has anyone try to modify the old USB HUB from behing to separate both USB ( I mean, install only the second USB cable directly form the console and attach it from behing).

Thank you for all the great work with the unofficial AA!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As far as I know, no one succeeded in activating official AA/CP in FW 70 without the new cables&hub. And no one tried to modify the old usb hub. One guy I remember tried to stick a cable directly to the CMU at the port of the old usb hub and had on the other side a usb plug. But I think it was the old green cable type. You could try to create a cable yourself - like the one which goes from CMU to the new hub and test it. Links/Infos about the CMU connectors (e.g. from mouser.com) and AA/CP cables.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts