2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
AIO tweaks install was after fw 70.00.100?

Hi folks

Have you tried to install AIO tweaks after FW update? I just updated FW to version 70.00.100 from v59.00.545 and want to install MZD-AIO-TI v2.8.4. Will it work?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It appears addtionally to official AA in the list, but AA does not work properly then. So far you can not use AA AIO on FW 70. If you want to use AA AIO and you are already on FW 70, you can downgrade to FW 59.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It appears addtionally to official AA in the list, but AA does not work properly then. So far you can not use AA AIO on FW 70. If you want to use AA AIO and you are already on FW 70, you can downgrade to FW 59.

I am currently in version 59 but I would like to try the 70. Could I download the version only via USB (70 to 59)?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
With "download" you probably mean "downgrade", right? Yes, a downgrade has to happen like an upgrade - as installation via USB. But for a downgrade you have to switch the installation order of the files (first file from installation-procedure-PDF has to be installed second etc.).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am currently in version 59 but I would like to try the 70.
You do understand that if you go to v70 you will loose AIO AA, but to get official AA working you will need to upgrade hardware. After that even if you downgrade back to v59 you will need to swap hardware again to make AIO AA work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
On firmware 59.00.xxx AIO AA can be installed on an SD card, not on the CMU, and it works great as it is installed on the CMU. In such a case is it possible to install and run AIO AA on an SD card with firmware 70.00.xxx? Can someone with firmware 70.00.xxx and without the new official USB Hub try this for us?

·
Registered
32 Posts
On firmware 59.00.xxx AIO AA can be installed on an SD card, not on the CMU, and it works great as it is installed on the CMU. In such a case is it possible to install and run AIO AA on an SD card with firmware 70.00.xxx? Can someone with firmware 70.00.xxx and without the new official USB Hub try this for us?
I don't think the problems with AIO AA under v70 have anything to do with whether its installed in CMU or on an SD card. As I understand, Mazda has changed some things inside FW that do not allow AIO AA to run.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Chances are the the medium speed can bus would have to be sniffed to see what's sent to the phone over USB, but Mazdas can networks are notoriously traffic dense and isolating, let alone decoding, the exact needed signal would be incredibly challenging.

It is very small, but there is a tad of hope that in Google's AA overhaul this summer that they change it so that the interface style for units with commander knobs also accept touch input if my theory is correct.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Too bad, that nothing worked out with the touch for Official AA :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
What I really miss is HUD support in OEM AA, is there any possibility to hack it around? IIUC turn by turn info is part of message, it just not sent to HUD.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@turd till the turns "New USB hub is a requirement only for the official Mazda AA implementation. It was never a requirement for Aio, regardless of firmware version".
I did the retrofit. To get AA and to be able to charge my phone..I wanted to use tweaks so in installed with serial hack..android auto works with cable and wifi, but there is no audio...I was thinking to downgrade to v59.00.546 to get audio and AA and tweaks.im unsure if the hub only works with FW70.
..I'm currently without AA and have tweaks with the retrofit hub. but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones.

·
Registered
118 Posts
@turd till the turns, post: 2481666, member: 535045"]
I did the retrofit. To get "AA" and to be able to charge my phone..

Is this official AA or aio AA v1.12? If official mazda AA is should work out of the box straight away with your retrofit usb cable and hub for fw70. No need for aio v1.12 unless u wanted HUD turn by turn and touch features which are the best feature of aio AA v1.12.

I wanted to use tweaks so in installed with serial hack..android auto works with cable and wifi, but there is no audio...

Is this official AA or aio AA v1.12? U are referring to?

I was thinking to downgrade to v59.00.546 to get audio and AA and tweaks.im unsure if the hub only works with FW70.

I dont have new retrofit usb hub so i can't answer u. U would be the 1st person in this entire forum to try this out. If u do please give your results here it would be extremely important so other can proceed. If u referring to official mazda AA im sure it has audio.

..I'm currently without AA and have tweaks with the retrofit hub. but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones.
[/QUOTE]

Im not quite sure which AA u are referring to? Can u be more specific? If official mazda AA u should currently have it active in your mazda applications menu if u had uninstall aio andriod auto v1.12.

"but I would like to have AA ,tweaks and the hub that actually charges phones".

This is how i solve the dilemma u are having since 2017 with old usb hub. It charges my phone faster than i reaches my destination, tweaks, touch & HUD turn by turn all works no issues. I charges 4 other devices while using AA v1.12 mod all at once. Thats why i have yet to upgrade to new usb + cable $500 @ stealership until official mazda AA support google map HUD turn by turn and touch mode. For now this system and setup works flawlessly 100% for me. Thats why I would recommend Everyone that have old usb cable and hub or new use this setup satisfaction guarantee.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is how i solve the dilemma u are having since 2017 with old usb hub. It charges my phone faster than i reaches my destination, tweaks, touch & HUD turn by turn all works no issues. I charges 4 other devices while using AA v1.12 mod all at once. Thats why i have yet to upgrade to new usb + cable $500 @ stealership until official mazda AA support google map HUD turn by turn and touch mode. For now this system and setup works flawlessly 100% for me. Thats why I would recommend Everyone that have old usb cable and hub or new use this setup satisfaction guarantee.
Thanks for the idea! I am finally able to charge my old android phone using a hub powered out of the console and plugged into the front usb port.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts