2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
This is my Coup de grâce or else its back to the drawing board. ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR COPY JUST IN CASE.
http://testaio.mazdatweaks.win
That link will download aap_service that I modified with HxD swap it out with /usr/bin/aap_service. All I did waz change that hard coded value to FALSE so lets see if that will do something. If it doesn't do anything I guess we have to think of another theory and go back to square 1.

On a side note while digging around in all these new FW files I found something that just may improve the performance of our AA by tuning the Linux network stack buffers. So far testing it looks very promising.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can't wait for the updated AA Trez :D I can't test your stuff as I haven't installed new firmware yet. Not planning to upgrade it until I can use AA without having to buy the usb hub lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello guys, I have a problem asking about Androi auto V1.10 + they allow to display google maps navigation on the Hub correctly. i can how to use them. thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
This is my Coup de grâce or else its back to the drawing board. ONLY TRY THIS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR COPY JUST IN CASE.
http://testaio.mazdatweaks.win
That link will download aap_service that I modified with HxD swap it out with /usr/bin/aap_service. All I did waz change that hard coded value to FALSE so lets see if that will do something. If it doesn't do anything I guess we have to think of another theory and go back to square 1.

On a side note while digging around in all these new FW files I found something that just may improve the performance of our AA by tuning the Linux network stack buffers. So far testing it looks very promising.
@Trezdog44:
Thanks for the opportunity to test it. Unfortunately the test-result of my test today was negative. No touch at original AA was possible with my 70.00.100A-EU (AA/CP hardware already installed).

How I tested:
I connected via SSH/Wifi. Disabled the watchdog (echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value) and mounted (mount -o rw,remount /). Made a backup of aap_service-file (via WinSCP, which ran parallel to putty). Overwrote the original file with your file. Afterwards I updated the chmod 755-permission for this file (chmod 755 /usr/bin/aap_service). Rebooted the MZD and tested AA. But no touch was possible.

In a first test of aap_service-file I forgot to update the permission (chmod 755). Then AA was not running/starting at all. It stayed greyed out at the MZD and in the smartphone (S9) AA did not start. Then I updated the permisson (chmod 755) and AA started afterwards. Had to update the permission also after the test after I copied my backup back to the MZD.

Due to this finding I did my tests for the 3 other options (see post #57) again. My hope was, that I get other results with updated permissons for the aap_system_attributes.xml. After each copy (3 times, one-by-one) I updated them and afterwards tested AA again. But I only got the same negative results: Working official AA, but no touch.

At all tests the commander knob worked fine at AA.

Sorry for the bad news.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I cannot justify 499 +taxes for this ... when most cars have this as a standard option, this is really the ONLY gripe i have

·
Registered
36 Posts
Price gauging!

I found a local Mazda dealer to install for $155 plus tax, and I bought the OEM parts on eBay with 15% coupon. Total damage about $305.

Still overcharging in my opinion. Took them less than 40 min I would say, and the bill said labor cost was supposed to be $110 per hour :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I just finished upgrading to 70.00.100, and I can't figure out how to push the buttons on the bottom. Obviously the touch screen doesn't work. That's an incredible bummer. But also, I think I once saw the jog wheel have access to the buttons on the bottom, but I must have done something, and I can't for the life of me replicate it. At one point it dropped me into a screen where I had to press "Skip" on the bottom left, and I had no way to do so. I presume now that I have working WiFi, I can no longer use AA-WiFi through the Tweaks because I updated to 70.00.100.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I just finished upgrading to 70.00.100, and I can't figure out how to push the buttons on the bottom. Obviously the touch screen doesn't work. That's an incredible bummer. But also, I think I once saw the jog wheel have access to the buttons on the bottom, but I must have done something, and I can't for the life of me replicate it. At one point it dropped me into a screen where I had to press "Skip" on the bottom left, and I had no way to do so. I presume now that I have working WiFi, I can no longer use AA-WiFi through the Tweaks because I updated to 70.00.100.
If you're talking about the Mazda's version of Android Auto, you have to pull the commander knob toward the back (pull down) to get to the bottom row of buttons. Then you can dial left and right to move between the options. Pushing up (toward the front of the car) will return to the main window. Pulling left (toward the driver) will open the menu dialogue, and pushing right (toward the front passenger) will open the "OK Google" speech option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got the AA/CP kit installed on 70.00.100 and recovered over serial for AIO. Available to test nightlys if Trez manages to find a holy grail.

Install was a pain with the foam stickers but overall was pretty painless. I was really nervous about the trim but as others have said it comes off and goes back on really easily.

Hopefully Mazda changes its implementation of AA in a future firmware or Trez can come up with something because I agree that no touch on AA even when parked is really lame and annoying. Unlike the regular Mazda software many of the AA screens are not super intuitive with the commander knob (not everything is laid out in rows and columns). Some stuff is pretty simple, but on some windows pressing right on the knob brings up the voice assistant and there's no indication that lets you know that's what hitting right will do. I'm sure I will get used to it but its not always clear in AA (depending on what app/section) whether you should be turning the knob or pushing it to get around so I've accidentally brought up the voice assistant a few times by accident.

·
Registered
83 Posts
To compile it you are going to need a computer with Linux or a VM then you can either make an installer with AIO and replace the binary file, use the installer that comes with it in the repo, or manually replace the file in the car yourself. This is how to get AA running on the computer using a VM: https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/#how-to-run-android-auto-in-ubuntu-virtual-machine you would just compile in the mazda folder to make a binary for the car.
I've tried this, no idea what to do.

I got the copy_to_usb folder on my desktop and android auto from your latest git running on ubuntu, where do i go from here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
so u guys lost touch capability ? even after installing the secret before upgrading to v70 ?
@tarekkkkk
Yes, in the official version of Android Auto. Everywhere else (including the official version of CarPlay) the tweak works as expected.

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
I've tried this, no idea what to do.

I got the copy_to_usb folder on my desktop and android auto from your latest git running on ubuntu, where do i go from here?

Open a terminal in the '/headunit/mazda' folder and type "make clean && make" if you get errors you need to install the dependencies.

·
Treveloper
528 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 I was wondering if you tried removing the <key_codes> tag and adding the <touch_screen> tag in any of your tests? My thinking is that if the <key_codes> are removed AA will fall-back on the next available input device which will be the touch screen and also that the buttons and key code mappings are still present in the code so they should continue to work correctly but no longer function as the main input device.
Also there is a <touch_pad> tag that would have <width>, <height>, <control_ui>, <physical_width>, and <physical_height> attributes. That one is probably not what we are looking for but who knows it may be the key. I just refuse to believe that those input devices cannot be activated somehow because they definitely exist in the code.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Open a terminal in the '/headunit/mazda' folder and type "make clean && make" if you get errors you need to install the dependencies.
And you probably WILL get errors; Trez has yet to update his instructions. His web page includes a library that doesn't exist as a dependency, at least in the Linux world.

​"Unable to locate package libdbusxx" gets reported.

The needed library is "libdbus-c++-bin".

·
Registered
83 Posts
And you probably WILL get errors; Trez has yet to update his instructions. His web page includes a library that doesn't exist as a dependency, at least in the Linux world.

​"Unable to locate package libdbusxx" gets reported.

The needed library is "libdbus-c++-bin".
Cheers, that was it :).

I already did that, thats part of the instructions here: https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/

It says "To compile a headunit binary for use in the car run:

cd ~/headunit/mazda && make clean && make"

But it doesn't say how to get this onto an AIO usb stick...

I already figured i need to copy the folder /headunit/mazda/installer to the usb stick and replace whats there, HOWEVER...i have more folders on my usb stick that i cannot find on ubuntu, where do i get these (updates to latest version) from? Example:

16-01-2019 09:03 <DIR> androidautohud
16-01-2019 09:03 <DIR> audio_order_AND_no_More_Disclaimer
16-01-2019 09:03 <DIR> bin
16-01-2019 09:03 <DIR> jci
16-01-2019 09:03 <DIR> ssh_bringback

·
Registered
812 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 I was wondering if you tried removing the <key_codes> tag and adding the <touch_screen> tag in any of your tests? My thinking is that if the <key_codes> are removed AA will fall-back on the next available input device which will be the touch screen and also that the buttons and key code mappings are still present in the code so they should continue to work correctly but no longer function as the main input device.
Also there is a <touch_pad> tag that would have <width>, <height>, <control_ui>, <physical_width>, and <physical_height> attributes. That one is probably not what we are looking for but who knows it may be the key. I just refuse to believe that those input devices cannot be activated somehow because they definitely exist in the code.
@Trezdog44: Thanks for still trying to help us original AA users!

As you can see in my tested/published files in post #57 I never removed the <key_codes> tags. I only added the <touch_screen> tags. I will repeat the 3 tests (3 files) with removed <key_codes> tags. Just to be clear - I delete everything between these tags - including the <key_codes> tags itself?

In my original file there is no <touch_pad> tag. Where and with which attributes shall I insert it in the code?

61 - 80 of 114 Posts