2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
How do i get this onto my mazda? I've only used MZD-AIO before so i'm not sure how to do it without it....
To compile it you are going to need a computer with Linux or a VM then you can either make an installer with AIO and replace the binary file, use the installer that comes with it in the repo, or manually replace the file in the car yourself. This is how to get AA running on the computer using a VM: https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/#how-to-run-android-auto-in-ubuntu-virtual-machine you would just compile in the mazda folder to make a binary for the car.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
somebody please test this, add this to aap_system_attributes.xml:
Code:
      </display>
      <input_devices>
[B]            <touch_screen>
                <use_internally>TRUE</use_internally>
                <path>/dev/input/filtered-touchscreen0</path>
                <type>AAP_TOUCH_SCREEN_TYPE_CAPACITIVE</type>
            </touch_screen>[/B]
            <key_codes>
                <value>AAP_KEYCODE_SEARCH</value>
                <value>AAP_KEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY</value>
                <value>AAP_KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS</value>
I'm not 100% on the use_internally but I am pretty sure on the other 2 tags at least the touchscreen path I am sure of. The main reason I am unsure about use_internally is because it looks like it may be set to TRUE already but this looks very promising so whos gonna test it??
So is anyone going to test this?!?!? I would have tested it like a week ago if I could.

·
Registered
83 Posts
To compile it you are going to need a computer with Linux or a VM then you can either make an installer with AIO and replace the binary file, use the installer that comes with it in the repo, or manually replace the file in the car yourself. This is how to get AA running on the computer using a VM: https://mazdatweaks.com/androidauto/#how-to-run-android-auto-in-ubuntu-virtual-machine you would just compile in the mazda folder to make a binary for the car.
Do i need to uninstall previous installed tweaks/AA before going to next version?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. I'll try to take a look this weekend.

Hey that would be great if you could do that! I just pushed the most stable version of the code I have to the master branch in my repo here: https://github.com/Trevelopment/headunit it has all the latest HUD stuff in it. I am not really a C++ wiz I do mostly php, javascript, node, SQL and stuff like that for my day job so trying to fix those types of things like sound compression has been a tough endeavor for me but it is definitely a good learning experience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So is anyone going to test this?!?!? I would have tested it like a week ago if I could.
If you want this tested on the Mazda version of AA I am willing to give it a go. Its been a couple of years since I dug into files like this, could you pm me a fools step by step on how you want it done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Code:
      </display>
      <input_devices>
            </touch_screen>[/B]
            <key_codes>
I'm not 100% on the use_internally but I am pretty sure on the other 2 tags at least the touchscreen path I am sure of. The main reason I am unsure about use_internally is because it looks like it may be set to TRUE already but this looks very promising so whos gonna test it??
I just putdown a deposit on 2016 6 and am highly interested in using the tweaks along with the official AA. It seems like the only thing that's really an issue with that is the touch screen still being disabled on the official AA. So, once I get the newer USB and AUX ports in and install (and the car obviously) I'll test this out as well if it hasnt been officially integrated into the public build yet by then.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
If you want this tested on the Mazda version of AA I am willing to give it a go. Its been a couple of years since I dug into files like this, could you pm me a fools step by step on how you want it done.
OK so all you need to do is pull the file /etc/aap_system_attributes.xml and add the <touch_screen> tag right at the start of the <input_devices> tag before the <key_codes> tag like so:
Code:
            <par>10670</par>
        </display>
        <input_devices>
            [B]<touch_screen>
            </touch_screen>[/B]
            <key_codes>
Other values to test if those dont work are:
Code:
            [B]<touch_screen>
                <use_internally>FALSE</use_internally>
                <path>/devices/virtual/input/input0</path>
                <type>AAP_TOUCH_SCREEN_TYPE_RESISTIVE</type>
            </touch_screen>[/B]
But I am pretty sure the first values are the correct ones if they dont work at first try changing only <use_internally> to FALSE because I am unsure of that one. The other 2 I am pretty confident of the first values. I will attach a version of aap_system_attributes.xml with the first changes but I have to rename it to aap_system_attributes.xm.txt to upload so if you use it make sure to remove the .txt before you copy it. Then you can copy it to the /etc/ folder you should be able to login with SSH user: cmu pass: jci and copy it from a USB stick with the command
Code:
# Make sure 'sda1' is where the drive is actually mounted
# If it is the only device connected it should be but
# You can check with "ls /tmp/mnt" to make sure
cp /tmp/mnt/sda1/aap_system_attributes.xml /etc
You may want to also backup the file that is already there first but really you can just use this one again without the changes to revert if you need to

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry

you should be able to login with SSH user: cmu pass: jci and copy it from a USB stick with the command
You may want to also backup the file that is already there first but really you can just use this one again without the changes to revert if you need to
I don't have WiFi access, car too far from house, computer is a desktop so I don't think I can SSH login.
Can you automate it for me to use a USB?

·
Registered
30 Posts
you should be able to login with SSH user: cmu pass: jci and copy it from a USB stick with the command
I don't have WiFi access, car too far from house, computer is a desktop so I don't think I can SSH login.
Can you automate it for me to use a USB?
There are SSH clients for Android and iPhone if you're feeling adventurous.

Personally, I have to see how quickly I can get my hands on the upgrade kit since I have no way to test this until it ships in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Code:
      </display>
      <input_devices>
            </touch_screen>[/B]
            <key_codes>
Where can I find the aap_system_attributes.xml file? Do I understand it correctly that this modification should make my official AA touchable?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Where can I find the aap_system_attributes.xml file? Do I understand it correctly that this modification should make my official AA touchable?
Correct. This is the trial to make official AA touchable. Folder for the file is "/etc/aap_system_attributes.xml". See these infos also in Post#20.

Thanks for this opportunity! I have official AA already installed. Even if I have not so much experience with SSH (will try to use WinSCP with my Win10), I will give it a try within the next days, as I am very interested in touch for official AA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Correct. This is the trial to make official AA touchable. Folder for the file is "/etc/aap_system_attributes.xml". See these infos also in Post#20.

Thanks for this opportunity! I have official AA already installed. Even if I have not so much experience with SSH (will try to use WinSCP with my Win10), I will give it a try within the next days, as I am very interested in touch for official AA.
I tried to do it but I couldn't connect to WiFi AP. That was the reason I wanted to uninstall the WiFi AP after that so I ran "Autorun" in Tweaks Installer and checked only the WiFi AP. Then I inserted the flash disk to the car and chose Uninstall. Now I cannot install/uninstall anything. The tweaks are still there but when I insert the flash disk again, there is no prompt to install. I have FW v70 so I am very sad because I won't do the serial hack again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, Trezdog44, I tried it today. I first used the TRUE variable and rebooted the CMU. There was no difference.

I then tried "forgetting" the Mazda in Android Auto and re-adding it (just in case the phone remembers the settings during the initial connection). Still no difference.

I then tried the FALSE variable and rebooted the CMU. It still didn''t work, even with another "forget" and "re-add" of the car in my phone's Android Auto.

I double-checked each time to make sure the file had indeed been written to the etc folder.

I was hoping enabling touchscreen would really be that easy, but I guess not.

·
Registered
181 Posts
To enable touchscreen, i think we have to switch interface to touchscreen mode. With my emulator i can switch between touchscreen or non-touchscreen mode. It changes the whole interface like spinning letters for keyboard and additional buttons to move maps etc. While in the controller mode, AA disables touch inputs for the whole interface. I mean in touchscreen mode (A) i can click anywhere i want on the screen with the mouse but in the conttoller mode (B) i can only use keyboard. Mouse inputs are disabled.

A touchscreen mode:

B controller mode:

I believe there must be some kind of setting to tell AA to work in selected mode.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
@Trezdog44:

Yesterday I tested all 3 variations mentioned by you in post #49 - unfortunately I also was not successful:

First:
Code:
      <touch_screen>
            </touch_screen>
Second:
Code:
      <touch_screen>
                <use_internally>[B]FALSE[/B]</use_internally>
            </touch_screen>
Third:
Code:
      <touch_screen>
                <use_internally>FALSE</use_internally>
                <path>[B]/devices/virtual/input/input0[/B]</path>
                <type>AAP_TOUCH_SCREEN_TYPE_[B]RESISTIVE[/B]</type>
            </touch_screen>
I connected to the MZD via Wifi and SSH. Had to mount via Putty with
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /
...then I could overwrite/delete the file via WinSCP easily. Beforehand I prepared three files with your code-variations. After copying (only one at a time; with correct filename), I always doublechecked the code in the new file at the MZD (FW 70.00.100A EU, official AA/CP). Then I always rebooted via Nav+Mute afterwards and tested AA with my Samsung S9 after each copied file. But with none of the files AA was useable via touch (car stood still). Or is it necessary to let the CMU go to deep sleep (lock car, go away for 3 min. for more than 5 meters) after copying the file? Or to disconnect/unfriend the smartphone from the MZD/AA? Then I´ll try it another time.

Please let me know, if I can try other code as well. As it`s my second/spare CMU, I am pretty fearless of testing.

My files and my backup-file, if anyone needs them:
View attachment aap_system_attributes_1st_try.xml.txt
View attachment aap_system_attributes_2nd_try.xml.txt
View attachment aap_system_attributes_3rd_try.xml.txt
View attachment aap_system_attributes.xml.originalbackup.txt

Edit:
But I forgot to give the files the "chmod 755" rights or whatever this enables... probably I will test it again with chmod 755 for each file.

·
Treveloper
534 Posts
Yesterday I tested all 3 variations mentioned by you in post #49 - unfortunately I also was not successful:
To enable touchscreen, i think we have to switch interface to touchscreen mode. With my emulator i can switch between touchscreen or non-touchscreen mode. It changes the whole interface like spinning letters for keyboard and additional buttons to move maps etc. While in the controller mode, AA disables touch inputs for the whole interface. I mean in touchscreen mode (A) i can click anywhere i want on the screen with the mouse but in the conttoller mode (B) i can only use keyboard. Mouse inputs are disabled.
I was hoping enabling touchscreen would really be that easy, but I guess not.
Sorry guys I tried. If all that doesnt work I think they either did not even write touch screen support into the code or disabled it completely in the code to where we cant even turn it back on this way. There is one strange thing I noticed in the aap_service binary when you open it with notepad++ you can only see some of the plain text in the binary but enough to get some clues and this is the part that made me wonder:
Code:
 /aap_attributes/head_unit/input_devices/touch_screen/use_internally Failed to allocate memory for new input device
[B]TRUE    Not using internal thread for touch input[/B]
 Exceeded max no of touch input device %d
  Maximum input device reached %d.
 /aap_attributes/head_unit/input_devices/touch_screen/path   Memory not allocated for device path
  Memory not allocated to store touch device %d
 /aap_attributes/head_unit/input_devices/touch_screen/type   AAP_TOUCH_SCREEN_TYPE_CAPACITIVE    AAP_TOUCH_SCREEN_TYPE_RESISTIVE Wrong touch screen type %s
 Wrong touch screen type %d
 Failed to allocate memory for new input device %d
you can see the paths to the variables followed by the associated errors to catch but look after the use_internally line, there seems to be a hard coded "TRUE" followed by "Not using internal thread for touch input" so that hardcoded value may be preventing any other value from reaching that conditional so that touchscreen support with official AA would be impossible with the provided binary. So I think that may be the case, sorry dudes they really didn't want you to be able to use touchscreen with AA so badly they made it impossible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have been hoping for official touch support in official AA. That is one thing that may cause me to spend the money and update officially. I keep watching the thread in hopes.........

41 - 60 of 126 Posts