2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my experience with Android Auto has been great. I have found one issue though. My phone disconnects the second my car gets put into reverse. Sometimes it reconnects after and sometimes I have to replug it. Phone is a S8. Anyone else have this experience?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do not have the issue with disconnecting in reverse, but I did take a 5 hour trip over the weekend and AA was giving me some problems with disconnects where I would have to plug and unplug. I eventually got it going fairly stable by flipping the USB-C around on my phone, so it may be cable related. I have since put a new cable in the car but have yet to test it on a long trip. Hopefully its not a sign of things as I had zero issues with the AIO version on 12+ hour trips. Phone is a Note 9 BTW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had to put my car in reverse after getting gas. That caused it to crash and reconnect. Got home and put it in reverse repeatedly in my driveway, zero issues. So now I know it's an intermittent issue. Do you wait for your infotainment to fully boot before plugging your phone in? Maybe plugging in before boot is causing my issue?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.