2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our fully loaded Mazda3 hatchback w/ AWD a couple of weeks ago; we had also added the OEM wireless charger at the time of purchase. While I can say the charger is convenient, especially since I don't always use Apple CarPlay (especially on shorter trips), I quickly found out that the wireless charger is not a fast charger; unless you're road tripping for a few hours, I wouldn't rely on the charger to charge your phone up very fast. Over a span of 1 hour, it charged my iPhone 8 barely 20%. If plugged into USB, it would have charged the phone almost to 100% in the same time frame.

Something to keep in mind if you're contemplating this accessory. It may not be worth the asking price. At least the surface padding of the charger can easily hold the phone in place and it won't slide around inside the centre console no matter how aggressively you are driving.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the info on the charger. I was considering it but from the pictures it looks like it uses up the space in the center console. I also thought it was too expensive. I have a wireless charger in my other vehicles and I've found that if you're using Google Maps it really is a big power drain. My Anker wireless chargers charge my iPhone 8 quick, unless I'm using Google Maps. Then the charger barely keeps up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I only have it cause I made they add it for free. Tbh you could just get a $20 usb flat wireless charger and sit it in the armrest. I just wanted a cleaner install.

For me though I suppose I don't really use it. If I am using Android Auto I have to plug my phone in, so its charging from that (though I find the phone still discharges faster than it charges) and if I am using BT audio I would keep the phone in my pocket.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We got our fully loaded Mazda3 hatchback w/ AWD a couple of weeks ago; we had also added the OEM wireless charger at the time of purchase. While I can say the charger is convenient, especially since I don't always use Apple CarPlay (especially on shorter trips), I quickly found out that the wireless charger is not a fast charger; unless you're road tripping for a few hours, I wouldn't rely on the charger to charge your phone up very fast. Over a span of 1 hour, it charged my iPhone 8 barely 20%. If plugged into USB, it would have charged the phone almost to 100% in the same time frame.

Something to keep in mind if you're contemplating this accessory. It may not be worth the asking price. At least the surface padding of the charger can easily hold the phone in place and it won't slide around inside the centre console no matter how aggressively you are driving.
This would be a great accessory if Apple CarPlay and Android Auto would connect wirelessly but they don't. I decided to pass on the wireless charger because of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts