2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm bad at searching old topics but I didn't find any thread asking about this. I had my vent glass smashed (seriously, thieves gotta stop breaking windows and hoping to get lucky) and now looking for replacement. I've been getting quotes ranging from $140 to $220 OTD. However, one of the vendor said he has original glass in stock (quoted $175).

I'm wondering if I should focus on getting OEM glass? And how do I check to make sure the shop actually uses the OEM glass? Is the price reasonable for bay area?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, I have a $250 deductible and didn't opt for the $0 deductible for glass (and yes, comes to be able $40 per yr)... :/

Does your ins require a deductible for Comp claims? I pay like $2 more for $0 and thats considered Comp not Coll.

·
Registered
86 Posts
pardon me, but what exactly is "vent glass" on a Mazda 3? My definition of vent glass is the front side window vent on old Detroit iron.:unsure:

·
Registered
320 Posts
pardon me, but what exactly is "vent glass" on a Mazda 3? My definition of vent glass is the front side window vent on old Detroit iron.:unsure:
LOL... I was thinking the same thing... The only thing that resembles a "vent shape" on my car is the small window on the C-pilar (hatchback) ...although it doesn't open so I wouldn't call it a vent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts