2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I helped Razerer install OEM side skirts yesterday. It was pretty easy to do, but took us 3.5 hours to complete. We were taking our time and trying to be thorough. Measure twice, drill once. The instructions that come with the parts are straight forward, so this won't be a full how to. These are pics to just help illustrate:

Here's the part number for the white skirts.

The OEM side skirts:

Cut out the drilling location templates:

There are lines on the plastic to help you align the templates:

Use a small amount of tape to affix the template to the skirt. It'll make for easy removal of the template from the skirt later on.

Use tape to hold the skirt in place temporarily, so you tape all the templates to the car.

Slowly pull the skirt away and the templates should come off of it easily.

Drill the holes at a slight angle. Start with a 3mm bit, move up to 6mm, and end with a 10mm. Use a file to clean up the holes.

We used touch up paint in the holes to help prevent rust.

Put on all the clips to the side skirts.

Put on the side skirts. Some of the clips may require a little force to get into the hole.

Step back and enjoy your handy work.

Edit:

Here are the instructions.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
Thanks myk I did a long drive on the freeway and came back after u left its solid no rattles and everything is amazingly flush..

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
You won't see it in the F/S section anymore. OP asked for the thread to be closed so i deleted it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I wonder if I originally marked up the templates with the bottom three clips still attached to the skirt. My OEM ones never sat quite flush like these ones. As much as I'd like to start drilling holes again in my '13 I think I may opt for the molding tape.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm contemplating getting the OEM skirts... If I understand correctly, if I don't wanna drill I'd be using tape instead of the B, and C clips right? What about the A and D clips? I read somewhere that the bottom clips (D) are pre drilled?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a window up with the Bayson skirts as we speak. The main problem is I'm in hawaii which tacks on an additional $60 in shipping. I'm currently waiting on my friend at Mazda to get me a quote for the OEM skirts. I'm kind of on the fence with what mod to do next. I want to get some pf01s but I'm not sure if they're going to look obnoxious without a drop. I saw a pic of argon's ride with pf01s and no drop and it looks sick but he has a sport with skirts.

... and I would like to avoid a drop because I had a slammed accord for the past 5 years. Zero finger gap. It was sexy but super inconvenient. haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
He got them "used" from me. I got the directly from the dealer for $474.36

MySpoon,
do you mind telling me which dealer did you purchase the side skirts? I'm in SoCal too. In fact, I bought my car from Puente Hills.

Mazdaspeedmyk,
When you said to drill at an angle, does it matter which direction, i.e. downward, side?

I am debating still between the OEM and BaysonR.
Thx

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
It's the shape of the body it's easy to drill upwards but instead try to drill straight into the car, remember not to drill more than 3 inches in to the car or else you will drill into the frame... Oh n get the right size drill or else the clips will not hold themselves in n you will have to use double sided tape...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'll probably get the side skirts after i lower the car lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Thank you very much for this guide, the job was accomplished earlier today!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts