2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for thoes who have the sedan Tech Package with the "Sharkfin" Antenna, please share if anyone has made a MOD on this mine is color keyed with the car but jus doesnt look like Mazda thought that one thru. I know the old model 3 are compatible with some company that sells a sharper looking Antenna. But I doubt it is compatible with the new Model 3.

Any Ideas? or Changes?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the hatch, and yes it does. At first when I unpackaged it I was a little depressed because it looked almost graphite mica. In real sunlight it matches perfectly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the hatch, and yes it does. At first when I unpackaged it I was a little depressed because it looked almost graphite mica. In real sunlight it matches perfectly.
How long did it take you to get it once you placed the order? I almost bought one yesterday but saw on there website it can take 3 - 4 weeks processing before they ship it out.... :crybaby 1:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Two weeks delivery time and perfect color match. Mine's been on a year and still looks new..

Attachments

Reactions: GJobe99

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice, It looks great on the hatch but us with the sedan here are SOL, I emailed the customer service for V6 and the type of antenna Mazda used for the Tech Package is not compatable " to big"

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Redblur had the tech package with the bigger sat antenna base and VG sent him a sharkfin that worked. There's pics of it somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Measuring and getting the courage to stick it on straight takes an hour. Then sticking it on takes a second.

Reactions: Carmagnut

·
Kambo
167 Posts
Measuring and getting the courage to stick it on straight takes an hour. Then sticking it on takes a second.
LOL I agree. Took me 35 min of adjusting, looking, walking around, double checking.. Then one sec to stick one shot! Got it..Balls ON!

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
LOL I agree. Took me 35 min of adjusting, looking, walking around, double checking.. Then one sec to stick one shot! Got it..Balls ON!
Kambo, is your antennae different from warlord's? Looks thicker from the side.

Seems to me warlord has this version: VG Shark Fin Antenna for Mazda #VGMZ - Revolution Performance Motorsports!
and you have the one on this page? http://www.visualgarage.com/

Just wondering cause I'm planning on putting this on my hatch (I don't like the stubby antennae much).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts