2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are the 2017 Mazda 3 hatchback OEM rear diffuser install directions.

First (1st) note please, these install directions are different from the title, different from the 2014-2016 ones. Sorry about the pre-2016 ones being now "missing" but you can "thank" the folks at Photobucket for removing the ones for the earlier years.

As always, the usual disclaimer that I while I believe all is accurate, everyone proceeds at their own risk, i.e., I accept no responsibility if any errors, omissions, or installer errors.

Second (2nd) important note that even using the paper pattern Mazda provides you to show you where to drill the holes, the top-most, inner two holes are wrongly placed in the pattern. They should be approximately the same height from the top as the next ones going outwards toward the side of the car. No problem if you drill the innnermost two as per the pattern, for the rear under skirt will cover them up -- but you will need to drill higher holes to fit it properly.

Third (3rd) note: All specifications, such as for drill bit sizes, are in mm's.

Sorry but I do not have the OEM patterns, but they come within the OEM box.

Here are the first half of OEM 2017 Diffuser/Rear Under Skirt hatchback install instructions (part 2 in following post):

Attachments

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Part 2: 2017 Hatchback Rear Under Skirt/Diffuser OEM DIY:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts